"Barracuda" script differences

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
OK, on a 65's fender: Is the center pin behind the 2nd 'r' or behind the 'a'? I got some spares but they are one of each. Part numbers differ by 1 digit too. Never noticed that until I cleaned them. These are not my mounted ones. Different year, 64-65 or left and right? Both have the short tail at the end. Gonna sell them but would like to know if they are a set or not.

Usually Mopar part numbers are 1 digit different for left and right -- one is odd and the other is even. So that makes it look like you have a set.

You should have a set 2579259 center pin on A,2579258 center pin on R. Should be correct for 64- 65.

exactly, thats what I thought but didnt know why they made these 2 part numbers if they could have made the pins symmetrical..

I believe you will find that part numbers 2579258 and 2579259 are for 65 and 66. The 64 cars had a very long tail on the end of the last a. To put the 65 script on a 64 fender you need to drill an additional hole but I can't remember which stud needs a new hole.

-
Back