barracuda seat foam

-

74valiant

Reaction score
i have a 69?? barracuda split bench seat with armrest and wanted to know where to get a new seat foam set for it? if its not available, does anyone on here have a set they want to sell??

Not sure if year one sells it or not...I kept the origional foam from my seat and am going to use it as a template...I actually found a 4 x 8 piece of memory foam cheap and am going to use it...seems it will be comfy...

Most of the early bench seats had layered mattress batting fill rather than foam buns like buckets have. That mattress fill can be seperated, febreezed, flipped, patched, restored. Thats why aftermarket doesn't offer it. No market demand.
Upholstery shops will advise against memory foam in car seats. It will get a permentant butt print. The springs in the seat create the give and return not the filling.

will the bottom seat foam from another a body bench work?? also the backrest foam seems to be the worst of all of it. ids it the same foam for the backrest as it is for the bucket seats?

will the bottom seat foam from another a body bench work?? also the backrest foam seems to be the worst of all of it. ids it the same foam for the backrest as it is for the bucket seats?

The hard parts will interchage if both are folding bench from 2 door cars.
The padding and such could come from any .
You could even rob mayerials, springs ,etc from a rear bench.

ok, so i have 3 bench bottoms. all from 72-75. the bottom foam should be a direct fit for it? and for the backfoam maybe i can see either if the foam for the back of a bucket will work, or cut my full bench foam down and make that work. on a side note i need to convert my seat from 2dr fold forward to a 4dr locked bck bench seat. any ideas?

You're getting over my head now. I know nothing from a bucket will work.

Most of the early bench seats had layered mattress batting fill rather than foam buns like buckets have. That mattress fill can be seperated, febreezed, flipped, patched, restored. Thats why aftermarket doesn't offer it. No market demand.
Upholstery shops will advise against memory foam in car seats. It will get a permentant butt print. The springs in the seat create the give and return not the filling.

Permanent buttprint...like homer simpsons spot on the couch...lol...oh well I got the 4" thick piece for 20 bucks....I will just use it for something else...thanks for the tip...I didnt even think about that...

Permanent buttprint...like homer simpsons spot on the couch...lol...oh well I got the 4" thick piece for 20 bucks....I will just use it for something else...thanks for the tip...I didnt even think about that...

Dont take my word for it, ask around. What i've heard comes from only 2 sources ( professional upholstery shop owners ).
More modern car seats are foam molded over steel and dont have any springs. That foam is much more dense than memory foam though.
Our classics have springs and either molded foam where a bucket like contour is needed, or mattress batting to cover the springs.
One would think that if memory foam worked for the space shuttle it would work in a car. The difference would be the amount of time spent sitting in it.

-
Back