Barracuda to Dart Dash Conversion

-

RTom

Depressingly A-Bodyless..
Reaction score
So, I'm wanting to put a ralley dash in my 69 Dart GT Convertible but have a couple of questions.

First of all, will a dash from a 67-69 Barracuda fit in my 69 Dart?

Second, did they make ralley dashes with a/c?

Third, are there specific ralley dashes for convertibles, or was the switch just in the metal section of the dash?

Fourth, the 150 mph speedo would use the same cable as a 120 mph one, correct?

Thanks guys for your help!

If anyone has any pics of a ralley dash in a convertible, I'd love to see them so I can get an idea for mine!

:cheers:

So, I'm wanting to put a ralley dash in my 69 Dart GT Convertible but have a couple of questions.

First of all, will a dash from a 67-69 Barracuda fit in my 69 Dart?

Yes. You need the whole dash frame. 68 is a different frame because of the lower pads. 67's have a spring loaded glovebox door that 68/69's don't.

Second, did they make ralley dashes with a/c?

Yes

Third, are there specific ralley dashes for convertibles, or was the switch just in the metal section of the dash?

No. Same convertible or hardtop

Fourth, the 150 mph speedo would use the same cable as a 120 mph one, correct?

Yes. As cool as 150mph sounds, it the same span as the 120 mph speedo. So all the numbers are just crunched closer together. Do you really plan to have it pegged over 120mph long enough to stare at the 150mph speedo?

Thanks guys for your help!

If anyone has any pics of a ralley dash in a convertible, I'd love to see them so I can get an idea for mine!
:cheers:

Jim Lusk has a 67 440 4spd Dart vert with rallye dash

I am in the process of building a custom dash based upon a a 66 Barracuda dash (with custom gauges instead of stockers) to got in my 65 Dart wagon.

You'll also need the glovebox trim in order for it to look right. The rallye dash trim has a dogleg on the bottom that connects into the trim piece that attaches the bottom of the glovebox. Darts don't have it, so if you can get a complete dash with glove box door that would be easiest. Or you could buy the trim, but then you'll have to drill the holes to attach it to your glovebox door.

316-DW69AC.jpg

316-T.jpg

Here's a picture of a Dart with a rallye dash, think I downloaded it from the classifieds on here awhile back, so maybe someone on here has more info. Although I think autoX already covered all the important stuff. :-D

vbpgimage-2phpcopy.jpg

-
Back