Barracuda unibody year to year differences

-

simon325e

Large Member
Reaction score
Wondering if the 67-69 notchback unibodies are essentially the same part or if there were any changes. I know the 67s have the VIN on the driver door sill and the 68 and 69s have them on the dash pad, but otherwise are they the same? How about 68s and 69s?

I am looking to possibly replace a 68 with a new unibody and want to make sure it is as close to the same thing as possible. Wondering if anything other than a 68 would work.

Let me know if year makes a difference and if any options make a difference- auto vs. manual, for example, and fender light holes. More concerned with just the unibody, not the fenders, doors, trim, etc.

Basically the same as far as Uni-structure from 67 to 73. 74 went with a different torsion-bar location(sideways across the front instead of running the length to the trans mount area). Very minor changes to the Uni-structure. Only differences in the floorpans is the auto vs. the standard shift. I think there is a couple of additional brackets under the floorpan for a bucket seat car. Thats about it!! Even the Dart and Duster are the same exept for the trunk extensions and outer wheelhouses.
you could drop the floorpan from a Dart/Duster and use it in a Barracuda. Drastic changers to the 70 up Barracuda noted as an E-body. That is a beast of it's own..

They've moved everything from the coat hooks to the fuel tank straps. Little stuff that doesn't matter much.

Thanks- the stuff I am wondering about is which options changes things within a year, too. 4-speed hump, a/c firewall holes. Stuff like that.

-
Back