Barracuda versus other A bodies

-

Gag_Halfront

Reaction score
I see a lot of posts about BB darts and whatnot. There are lots of references to the bigblockdart web site. It seems like usually when somebody is asking for advice regarding a big block A body it's for one of the other models. I have a '68 Barracuda and I'm wondering if all the big block advice that I see for everybody else's car pretty much applies to mine as well or if mine requires any special consideration (additional clearance issues or whatever)

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

It applies to ya, no worries man. You are just lucky to have a Barracuda is all. Darts are more common thus why you hear of so many building a 'Big Block Dart'. Big Block Barracuda's are common too.

Stuff a Hemi in there

Cool, thanks. I didn't want to go and spend a bunch of money on parts like headers and stuff only to find out that they fit a dart but not my car.

The cars are basically the same. Barracuda had a shorter wheelbase, but that's in the body, not the engine bay. We've done two 440 Darts, two 383 Barracudas, and am in the process of doing a 440 Barracuda. It's all the same.

67 on up A bodies all have the same engin bay. Pluse 68 was the year the factory put Hemis in Darts and Barracudas. So the only question left is. What BB are you going to put in it?

I'm still trying to decide between 440 and 383. the car was originally a 383 car. It's got holes cut already for fender well headers, but I want to go under chassis and patch the holes. My big concern was mostly if I buy parts from guys on the board (as opposed to from a vendor) being able to ensure that they'll actually work on my car.

That one, maybe yes, maybe no. They have a reputation for stuff not fitting right the first time and often not the second time. Do yourself a favor if you want aftermarket suspension and wander over the www.bigblockdart.com and click the link for RMS suspension.

I see a lot of posts about BB darts and whatnot. There are lots of references to the bigblockdart web site. It seems like usually when somebody is asking for advice regarding a big block A body it's for one of the other models. I have a '68 Barracuda and I'm wondering if all the big block advice that I see for everybody else's car pretty much applies to mine as well or if mine requires any special consideration (additional clearance issues or whatever)

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Yep,all the go-fast goodies are pretty much the same! The problem we have have,is finding all the stuff to make them look pretty(trim pieces, etc)without breaking the bank!!! I have a '69 fastback,470" lowdeck,4 spd.

Thanks for the input on suspension/adaptability. It is true that mopar people are a breed apart. I found the right place to figure stuff out.

Very helpful thread, I've been wondering the same thing.

-
Back