Barrett-Jackson Survey

-

adriver

Blazing Apostle
Reaction score
Barrett-Jackson Survey

I was looking at the BJ Auction posts while waiting for the cup of tea to brew this cold morning. Somewhat “envious” of people that seem to display more money than common sense. Paris Hilton is proof that you don’t have to be smart to be a billionaire.

If I had unlimited income I know exactly what car I would drive everyday. I won’t say what. But I would be built to my specs and fuel wouldn’t be an issue.
Right now I drive an A body because fuel wise, it makes the most sense. (And well, it's an A body) But I did get to wondering about you.
So let’s take a pole.
You just won the lottery. Money is no object. Buy or build your own transportation. Your life style may or may not significantly change but the only rule is that this is the car you get around in.
What color will it be? What engine will you have? What is it?
You don’t get to be Jay Leno and have a different car for everyday. You can have a back ups just like the real world. (We all might need a pickup truck once in a while.) But this is the car you get around town in. This is the car you go thru the bad part of town in if you are driving from point A to B.
This is the car that “Mopar Hater” will see in front of your house. This is the rule to make it interesting.
Go.

68 Hemi Cuda Clone is my If I win the Lotto is the first thing I build car.

But I would have to open a big shop and build cars for other otherwise I would end up building one of every Mopar made.

No brainer. Blown Hemi General Lee with the horn set to go off every 15 minutes when it is parked.

68 Hemi Charger R/T. Blown of course. Black on black. Running a real close 2nd would be a 68 Hemi Cuda clone.

I'm like Adam also. I'd have to open a shop to build other cars for others or I'd spend all my money building one each of the old Mopars.

How about a 72 Demon, 528 injected Hemi, (plus or minus 800HP), with a 6/71 BDS blower, auto and a quick change rear-end so I could drive it down to visit some of you guys without blowing my eardrums out. It would also have an Alter-K front end and air conditioning for those hot days. Of course there are a lot of little things to add but they are not important to the rest of you guy's. LOL

Jack

If I'd just won the lottery, I wouldn't be able to pick a car. Someone would be picking out a burial plot for me because I'd have a heart attack and keel over. (If it wasn't for bad luck since Katrina, I wouldn't have any at all it seems.)

But since I have to dream, I'll dream big. 1968 Hemi Cuda SS/A. Who cares if it isn't street legal ... I could buy off the cops to look the other way! :toothy1:

I'm with Adam and the Chick: `68 Hemi SS Barracuda clone....
Black...
4 Spd...
Weld Pro-Stars ...
No mufflers.
491.gif

Well hate to admit it, but I would be just like Ron Pratt sitting there buying what ever I wanted. I would much rather have the money to buy done and ready to enjoy cars than wasting years of my life fixing them up.

Till that time comes I will be here with you guys and gals:icon_smi:

Every day car? Well I guess I am a bit different. Something like a early 50's Dodge Kingsway or Royal, possibly a Plymouth Cranbrook. Really want it to be a 4 door. It would have to be a true lead sled. Chopped way down, side windows no more then 3 or 4 inches tall. Gotta have air bags so it can ride low. 392 hemi power, 4 speed. The only modern part would be a hidden but large stereo.

But yeha, I would need a shop building cars for others, or an old dealership to park everything I would want to build.

TopHat

I buy a yacht, quit driving. Sail around the world with a bunch of hot chicks!

I need a car in town, it be a limo with somebody else driving it.

Well if moneys no object :icon_smi:

I just I'm just too easy..70 or 71 Duster..better than showroom quality...6.1 Hemi. Oh yeah gotta be curious yellow. Just nice to drive but lives to spank rustangs!

70 AAR 4spd. CAR.................sweet!:headbang: Back ups- 429 Boss Mustang , 63 Split window coupe, and a 70 Hemi Superbird so I could go 200mph through the bad part of town.

68 baracuda hemi 4 speed car painted silver, then i would fix a demon with an all alumium stroked hemi as many cubes as possible with a 14-71 blower and go to every 10.5 tired race and true street competition i could get in and make mustang and chevy guys really hate mopars, and maybe a stroked smallblock with a procharger-street car. i love to dream don't you:D

Tough questions but here they are:
Everyday driver is a '69 Charger 500, triple black, 6.1 Hemi, od auto trans, subtle electric blue pinstriping, updated leather interior.
Back up is a '69 Dart, Viper red, white bumblebee stripe, charcoal leather interior, 6.1 Hemi, manual shift reverse pattern 727, gear vendors od.
Guess it's time to quit dreaming and get busy building my Dart!

I'd build a 41 Willys with a 426 blown hemi, with a striaght front axel. Old school style / primer grey, just like the one in the movie "Hot Rod". EvilScamp has good taste!

68 Daytona Charger with a Mastadon Hemi, 4 speed with gear vendor overdrive, 4 wheel discs and big fat tires. No rear view mirror because what is behind is not a concern.

Terry

hm thats though, ive always wanted a 70 duster, lime green 340 4 speed car. Besides that a 68 hemi cuda 4speed. AAR cuda 4 speed or a ta challenger 4 speed.

71 Challenger or Cuda. For driveability, a 426 hemi with efi, some kind of 5 or 6 speed. Color not important. This would be the first of many.

If I didn't DIE FROM THE INITIAL SHOCK OF WINNING! I would pay off all my bills which are not many! Finish both my project cars! I would take a LONG VACATION with my Loving Wife! All over the WORLD.Then I would help out my family members to some extent. I would build a NEW larger shop about
200' X 200' with secondy story.
Then work to fill it with all sorts of cars and motorscooters that I like! None of the cars needing anything but the attention of the hired detail and upkeep person! I would open up a 50's style Drive Inn Restaurant serving authentic 50's and 60's food ,burgers,shakes,MALTS,fries,dogs etc. Also with a 50's
60's Drive Inn Theatre with car hops and all CONCRETE and parking with a large pavillion for car shows!
Also an authentic 50's 60's Game room with authentic games from back in the day plus a section for all the new stuff!
But now the DREAM IS OVER,the Wife said I have to go to the grocery store before the weather gets bad! I wish I could hurry up and win that darned LOTTO so the hired help could do all my chores! LOL And tomorrow it is chasing chassis parts for the Gasser Dart to work on the front end steering components and frame. Of well maybe Wednesday will be the big day and if so NO MORE CHORES FOR ME TO DO! LOL I WILL BE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS! EXPERIENCED WASHING AND WAXING OF CARS IS A PLUS! LOL

68 Satellite, street hemi, driver. 33 Willys coupe, blown Hemi, strip. What else?

I want "a new tour bus full of old guitars".................. Lol! Isn`t it funny that besides a SS A/A most everybody would like a B or E body.

-
Back