Baseline jetting for 416 stroker

-

Reaction score
I've been running a fast ez efi setup for 3 years now but lately I've been having problems. One thing about fi is that when it works it is awesome, when it doesn't there are to many variables. So I'm going back to a carb, I was going to get a Holley 850 double pumper quick fuel and was wondering if anyone else had the same carb on a similar build and could possibly save me some time
416 stroker with hydraulic roller 252/242@50
Ported eddies
10.7 compression.
Rpm intake,no room for spacer

Automatic car with 2800 stall and 3.91 gears
I've never played with a quick fuel before, maybe their good out of the box ?

I have a Quickfuel 850 on my 360 also used it on my 416 it performed great right out of the box,the best carb i ever bought just need to play with the jets at the track depending on the air/weather..

Which model are you using? They make a SS-850,SQ-850,-Q850?
I haven't bought anything yet. I may have finally found my problem, I think I have a bad coil. If not then I need a carb.
What would you suggest? Street n strip is primary use

I haven't bought anything yet. I may have finally found my problem, I think I have a bad coil. If not then I need a carb.
What would you suggest? Street n strip is primary use
I'm kinda in the same boat, I'm building a street strip 416 68 Barracuda and I'm needing a carb. Looking for advice. I have a 750 HP DP thou I know I need more.

Just went onto the quick fuel site. I think I'll do the ss850.
No choke

Sorry, same here. Sq not ss

We tried a 750 and 850 on the dyno. The 850 was 9 more ponies. We didn't try anything bigger.

Mine is a similar build. 416 with Indybrock CNC ported heads,246/250 541/561 lift Cam Motion solid roller, 3.91 with a Lupo 4200 stall convertor , And a CRT reverse manual 727. This Is in a 68 FB Barracuda. I'm real close to having it done.

Hey Roy, is that more of a strip effort?

Roger that! How is that converter? At 4200, it seems a bit high. I did see that Frank Lupo did the converter and wondered how it is for a street ride.
Also, what size rear tire do you run with it?

Well I don't know yet as it's not on the road yet. Thou he assured me it would have good street manors. I guess we will see. Rear is 8 3/4 with 3.91's and 275x60x15 Nitto drag radials.

Whoa! Big tire.
OK cool man cool, thanks. For surely let us know how that combo works. I'm SO sure I'll be headed in that direction soon enough with the wife's car.

I went with a Quick-Fuel 950 Q on a 414 with 12.5 to 1 it runs awesome. Like its fuel injection ,didn't even have to jet it.

850 is a good size for street car. Works fine on my stroker.

may I suggest for a street n strip 416 a 950 hp with 4 corner idle

I just ordered the QF 950 annular discharge for my 414. Currently running a Holley HP950, with downleg boosters. It runs great BUT the dyno said it wants more carb at WOT. My guy recommended the QF. Said it would make a pretty dramatic difference.

He actually told me these strokers with good heads, will take all the carb you can throw at em.

-
Back