Basic 904 rebuild kit

-

Dragonbat13

Reaction score
Does anybody know any good deals on rebuild kits for the 904? I just dont see spending big bucks on high dollar friction material and stuff for a 904. I have a non lockup and plan on putting some 999 gears into it. It will go behind a 350 horse 318.

the only real performance mod I have thought about is a bolt in sprag.

This is just going to be a temperary drivetrain so I really dont want to do much more than a basic rebuild with maybe a shift kit and maybe a 5500 to 6000 RPM governor setup (If that isnt too high). Main thing on the governor is I want the tranny to shift on its own at high rpm instead of using manual shifting.

I am also looking for a reasonably priced torque convertor with around a 2800 stall.

I hope this gives everybody an Idea on what I am trying to do.

Thanks.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Also its been awhile since I did a tranny, What is the name of those blue and white, killer service manuals and where can I get them? I want to say they were ATI but I really cant remember.

Thanks again

Go to www.bulkpart.com

This manual? [ame="http://www.amazon.com/ATSG-Chrysler-Torqueflight-Techtran-Manual/dp/B002KDJOMA"]Amazon.com: ATSG Chrysler Torqueflight A-727 A-904, Techtran Manual (1960 & Up): Robert D. Cherrnay: Books[/ame]

i think the manual your thinking of is from atsg. most tranny parts suppliers have them. i wouldent worry about a bolt in sprag, unless yours is wiped out. just make sure all the pegs are standing up sraight. shift kit? seems like most people go tg-2. if you use the low gear at any time feature, get a sonax billitt rear piston. you probley have a 4 disc front drum so your band choices are limited. up here i haven't seen a solid 318 band for awhile, so i've been useing the a500 one.

-
Back