battery cable frutration...

-

2kids

Reaction score
So I just went to napa to get a battery cable for my 71 dart swinger 225 and did not have a good experience. I figured the cable I need would be available over the counter, but no such luck. They had no idea what the connector was on the positive cable (which I figured was just a stock connector right?). They said they could not order anything like it.

Then on the new universal negative cable the stock bolt I have to attach to the engine is too big to attach the new cable to the engine.

Can't I just buy the same cables I'm replacing or do I have to do some splicing no matter what? I've attached a photo of the connector in question on the positive cable.

Thanks - yes, I'm a noob...so thanks for your help.

(just noticed the subject of this thread says "frutration"...sounds like a new word, but really meant to say FRUSTRATION!)

batterycable.jpg

Take the cables back, ask for the manager, and slap him in the head with them. My Napa guy found cables for my '70.

Take the cables back, ask for the manager, and slap him in the head with them. My Napa guy found cables for my '70.

It was like I was from mars or something...ok, so you're suggesting a good slap to the head...will do!

Frutration/frustration, they`re both enough to piss you off. :D If it comes down to it you can simply buy the two cables separately and then just crimp your own ends on and bind the two with a heat resistant tape.

Frutration/frustration, they`re both enough to piss you off. :D If it comes down to it you can simply buy the two cables separately and then just crimp your own ends on and bind the two with a heat resistant tape.

okay, sounds like what might have to happen...

See my response in your other thread on this topic. There is no reason or need to buy the overpriced repro cables you found on eBay.

I believe jacksautoparts carries the positive cables with the correct insulation but they`re still pricey. I would only spend that kind of money if you`re looking for a concourse type restoration.

-
Back