Battery Cables for 68 Valiant

-

slantflat

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Are the battery cables for a small block the same as the ones for a Slant 6? I'm trying to find correct cables and I only see ones for a small block and Hemi. I don't want generic cables from the auto parts store, as I don't want to splice and build all the extra lines that are on the positive cable. I want something correct that replaces what I have.

I'm sure this is a fairly commonly asked question, and I know I asked a while ago, but the conversation sort of took a turn I think. If there's a good thread that anyone knows about and wants to point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. Or tell me here, that's fine, too.

Thanks everyone.

Hi everyone.

Are the battery cables for a small block the same as the ones for a Slant 6? I'm trying to find correct cables and I only see ones for a small block and Hemi. I don't want generic cables from the auto parts store, as I don't want to splice and build all the extra lines that are on the positive cable. I want something correct that replaces what I have.

I'm sure this is a fairly commonly asked question, and I know I asked a while ago, but the conversation sort of took a turn I think. If there's a good thread that anyone knows about and wants to point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. Or tell me here, that's fine, too.

Thanks everyone.

I don’t know about /6 compatibility, but I got a set for my 318 from M&H. They are correct in every way and the quality is excellent. Be careful with battery cables as they may look good from the outside but may in fact be corroded inside and will give you problems down the road.
318MG

At least in '67, the replacement p/n are the same for /6 and 273 in a B,L,V
Or so at was listed.
383 was different.
upload_2019-7-16_21-51-49.png

upload_2019-7-16_21-56-54.png

if you don't need absolutely look-like-oem, there are guys/companies on the net, which make custom cables, which are really well made, and not that expensive. When I was looking for battery cables for my Cat backhoe, I stumbled onto them.
IIRC, the oem slant 6 positive cable looks kind of crappy to me. It seems a little short, so it's kind of stretched diagonally from batt to starter. It looks kinda crappy to me because the cable doesn't make smooth curves, and it looks like it's routed poorly. Just my opinion, yours may be different.

Thanks guys, knowing that the 6 and the small block are the same will make this loads better. And I'll look for the guys that make the custom ones.

I make cables using 1/0 fine strand welding cable. I can also put the sub-wires in the system as well.

Sold more than a few sets on the site.

vagjiTQ.jpg

-
Back