Battery Chargers

-
Smart units? Whats wrong with an old fashioned timer?
I had this for 40 plus yrs, never missed a beat
I run from items that are loaded with electronics, just more things to go wrong

IMG_20220813_103609497.jpg

Y Now if I just could remember how to make 12v to 24v... series or parallel? Hot to Hot, neg to negative, or run + to --..... oh well... duhhhh

Easy just think of a good ol 2 or 3 cell flashlight. The cells are lined up "in series." So you hook one charger NEG to the NEG of the target battery, and normally you'd hook the POS clip of the charger to the POS of the battery. Instead, you hook that POS clip of the first charger to the NEG clip of the SECOND charger, and hook the second charger POS clip to the POS clip of the target battery.

If you have one charger and one good battery to boost the target, you hook the "good battery" in as if it was the second charger.

I've done all sorts of idiotic redneck crap at times. One below zero cold day, and I had nothing else, I boosted one vehicle to get it running with a DC welder set fairly low. This was "back before" computerized engine controls!!!!

Easy just think of a good ol 2 or 3 cell flashlight. The cells are lined up "in series." So you hook one charger NEG to the NEG of the target battery, and normally you'd hook the POS clip of the charger to the POS of the battery. Instead, you hook that POS clip of the first charger to the NEG clip of the SECOND charger, and hook the second charger POS clip to the POS clip of the target battery.

If you have one charger and one good battery to boost the target, you hook the "good battery" in as if it was the second charger.

I've done all sorts of idiotic redneck crap at times. One below zero cold day, and I had nothing else, I boosted one vehicle to get it running with a DC welder set fairly low. This was "back before" computerized engine controls!!!!
That's Crazy Man! Talk about some redneck Get er Done ****!

-
Back