battery cut off

-
i think the whole idea is redundant. they are going to have to get through the car door or window, bust the ignition pull the lock cylinder out and then hope it starts. if someone wants a 6 cylinder duster that bad, they are going to back up to it with a wheel lift and just snag it. i would be more worried about the aftermarket stereo than anything.

If you are leaving your car somewhere just stick your coil wire in your pocket. Just as effective.Most thieves arent carrying around a coil wire and not smart enough to use one of your plug wires and run on 7 cylinders.

I do that on occaisions and I have a piece of vaccum hose with the boot ends on it that makes it look as if everything is as it should be.

Had a friend who was into 240/260Zs. He would take the distributor cap off at night, and remove the rotor. And by gum, one night he was awakened to hear some guys trying to turn the damn thing over. Hood was up, and ignition hanging. Simple.

Grant

Bro, I used a $5 toggle switch, hid it in interior. I turn it off and ya get NOTHIN, no power, no start, NOTHIN. Just flip it on and I'm hot. No need for Big $$ or racing gear.

-
Back