Battery tray color

-

sireland67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Shot the engine compartent last night in the Duster.
What color is the battery tray supposed to be, I am thinking black, but my original was rotted and I tossed it.
Thanks

opBPFj.jpg

I hope it is black I need to break the orange up some.

I thought they were installed before engine compartment was painted but were all painted black before installation.

My old tray wasn't rusted at all but it was encrusted with rat poop so I just replaced it with an AMD piece for $30. The old tray was body matched and the inner fender under it was not. So in 70 the tray WAS installed before paint.

So they were black and then caught what ever over spray was done when the inner fenders were painted?
My duster is a 73

i'm thinking Ma Mopar always installed the tray before eng compartment painted. on any model, any year.....

gotta realize, a repop tray comes with black primer on it. an original car is 40-50 yrars old. even if it had the original tray, I doubt any would have any paint left on it due to time and affects of battery!

but then again I could be wrong, I've forget 90 % of what I did know! LOL

I've disassembled 4 early A bodies - one yellow, one gold, one white and one red and all the trays had body color. My 65 Barracuda's tray is mostly body color with some rust.

Mine was black, Probably because the car was originally black and the PO painted it red..

Body color,you won;t see much of it once you put the battery and wiring in.

-
Back