bb pitman arm

-

sammie

Reaction score
I am looking for the part number for a 69 bb pitman arm. It seems like all the part stores are selling the 7074 but I am also seeing that its not for 383 cars? Isn't there a difference in the bb pitman arm? or are they the same? I checked bigblockdart site and it says exc 383.

BB is different.

Not sure but suspect 383 and 440 is the same.

RockAuto

MEVOTECH

MK7074
Pitman Arm

Matched up correctly for me.

The one on my car i put on around 1986 and had a hard time finding it back then and remember the BB version was different and harder to find.

Also Moog

Product ID: MOOG-K7074
Manufacturer: MOOG

Try rareparts.com. I bought one for my 383-S, but mine has fast ratio steering and the pitman didn't fit, so I sent it back.

I've never seen the original big block part, but I have used stock small block steering parts with big blocks. There are a few guys who know what the difference is (check with Rhinodart at Moparts).

The BB Pitman Arm has about 1/2" less offset or, "dog leg", than the SB part.

I have a 69 cuda 383 & the arm is different & the k frame is different were the arm goes on to The car has original 67,000 miles I can send you pics if you like

BB is different.

Not sure but suspect 383 and 440 is the same.

RockAuto

MEVOTECH

MK7074
Pitman Arm

Matched up correctly for me.

The one on my car i put on around 1986 and had a hard time finding it back then and remember the BB version was different and harder to find.

Gerald That's the one I was going to order from rock auto being I put another list of parts to get. I just didn't want to order it and have it show up to the door only to find out it don't fit!If it looks the same to you as your old one then ill order one. I already have extra parts here that where wrong or over ordered !Thx for the help guys!

I have a 69 cuda 383 & the arm is different & the k frame is different were the arm goes on to The car has original 67,000 miles I can send you pics if you like

No need , But thanks for the offer.

-
Back