BB torque converter to 318

-

jwilson13b

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a question for you. I have a torque converter for a BB. On the companies web site it says for a 400-440 100 gram weight. There 318 converters say unweighted. When I look in summit racing it doesn't say anything about engine size, it only has 727 tqflight 24 spline blah blah. The one I have is a 10' 2500-3800. My question is can I put it between my 318 and 727? I know that it wont stall out so high but if it will work, on a stock 318 what would it likely engage at? the company is PDQ Automatic transmission Parts inc Part number pdq-72710c.

...........If ur bb verter has a weight just knock it off with a chisel........if not ur good 2 go...stall likely 26-28...........kim..............

Thanks Kim. I love this place you always get some good strait forward info.

...........If ur bb verter has a weight just knock it off with a chisel........if not ur good 2 go...stall likely 26-28...........kim..............
Yup, but you'll want to be carefull with that cold chisel so you don't accidentally knock a hole in the converter. Sometimes carefull use of a die grinder works even better. I kinda depends on what the welds look like.

-
Back