-
Status
Not open for further replies.

cudamark

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking for a '72-8 Dodge pickup, van , Ramchanger, Plymouth Trailduster, etc. 4 speed manual bell housing for a big block.
Thanks, Mark

Maybe if you change the flywheel, clutch, and fork it would work.....I'm not sure. The '72-8 trucks use an 11" clutch and matching flywheel. The '69-71 trucks use a 12" clutch and the flywheel is bigger in diameter. I don't know if the linkage mounting is in the same place or not either. I think the transmission bolt pattern is the same. Do you have all the other pieces to go with the bell housing? Yours is off a 383 truck?

Ive got one extra of those housings 3497272 they are actually 12 inch housings though. All 68 up truck housings are 12 inch that ive ever seen.

That's right....the big block trucks all used the 12" clutch even though the flywheel is the same one they used for the small block trucks and the C and B-body cars with the 11" clutch. Now that I think about it, I believe they had both bolt patterns on it. The difference must all be in the bell housing. Does anyone have both the '72-78 and the 69-71 bell housings to compare? I'm thinking it must be in the linkage mounting.
Thanks, Mark

Maybe if you change the flywheel, clutch, and fork it would work.....I'm not sure. The '72-8 trucks use an 11" clutch and matching flywheel. The '69-71 trucks use a 12" clutch and the flywheel is bigger in diameter. I don't know if the linkage mounting is in the same place or not either. I think the transmission bolt pattern is the same. Do you have all the other pieces to go with the bell housing? Yours is off a 383 truck?

Sorry for the slow reply. I haven't had time to get on here lately.
I do have the complete set-up from the truck I parted out. It is a 383 truck.
Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back