[WANTED] BB727 back half tail stock..

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does your trans have a long or short shaft? All big block and small blocks tail housing should work. You should post a picture of your trans? If the trans has a short shaft the trans will have to be disassembled and the long shaft and housing installed. ( if you need to do this you should just rebuild trans.

If you just need the tail housing I have a few laying around what year trans are you working on?

The trans is a 73/74 model. Here's a picture..
0516180757b.jpg
WP_20180514_12_25_50_Pro.jpg

Going in a 67 Coronet. The 727 SM block trans that came out of the Coronet has a tail that is 18 3/4 from the base of the rear seal to the front and 35 1/2 to the front of the tranny.

Your going to need a output shaft and the tail housing. Shame your not closer. I have a complete BB trans, or two.

You will have to change the output shaft and the tail housing. You can use the one off of your small block. What year is the big block trans in the picture make sure it is not a lockup...Front input shaft would have a hole in it.

I have an out put shaft and housing the problem is you must disassemble the complete trans to change them. If you were local I could do it in a few hours but you should rebuild the trans while your in there at least seals clutches etc. Not a huge deal done it a few hundred times.

I have an out put shaft and housing the problem is you must disassemble the complete trans to change them. If you were local I could do it in a few hours but you should rebuild the trans while your in there at least seals clutches etc. Not a huge deal done it a few hundred times.
I fully intend to do just that.

just put the later input n front pump stuff in your 66 case . it fits , just did a 64 cable shifter case with the 71 up pump and input .

I have parts p.m. me if you are interested you can probably get a core trans and do the swap cheaper shipping is probably more than a core trans? Let me know

I do not usually sell them but I would take 50.00 for the pair plus shipping I do not take pay pal would have to be postal money order. I rebuild transmissions locally for racing and street cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back