Be careful with chemicals guys.

-
They did use chlorine gas in ww1. Mustard gas was different and much worse.
I didn’t know any better and mixed some cleaning chemicals together once trying to clean my bathroom. Had to run out of there, ventilate the house. I’m a dumbass sometimes.
Been there, did exactly that too!

I've been using some oven cleaner to get some incredibly heavy old sludge off of some valve covers. Even out in open air, that's nasty stuff. (Taking the paint off too, about as good as paint stripper. ) Spray a cover down, and run for clean air.

welded galvanized one time. Never forget that feeling

Ohhh boy I didn’t reread all of this but part of my millwright work in the steel mill was taking car of big overhead roll up doors. They would drive 18 wheelers, fork trucks, railroad car, backhoes, you name it through them. We ordered approximately 2 inch slates and we would cut them to size, slide them together, and to it the ends. One day a month or whenever needed we would cut the damaged pieces up with a torch, band the smaller pieces, and scrap them. Man we felt like a truck hit us the next day from burning that galvanized crap. After we sized up we let the scrap guys working outside in special suites do that job.

We used this stainless cleaner at work on metal that was hot and made some guys sick. Caterpillar later banned it company wide. Sprayway, stuff smells like ammonia.

I've been using some oven cleaner to get some incredibly heavy old sludge off of some valve covers. Even out in open air, that's nasty stuff. (Taking the paint off too, about as good as paint stripper. ) Spray a cover down, and run for clean air.
I ended up in intensive care for 5 days and had heart surgery brought on by Aircraft paint stripper (Methylene Chhloride) bad deal. I even followed the precautions on the can. I later found out the the Feds pulled the **** from the shelves. The stripper they sell now is made up in a different formula. If you have any of the old strpper, ditch it, it's not worth it believe me.

I can't use any spray helper, I have to many pets & animals around plus I even care about bugs under the soil since they have a job there. I guess that's why my back hurts 2 acres of maintenance by hand ( no I don't cut the grass with scissors lol)

I ended up in intensive care for 5 days and had heart surgery brought on by Aircraft paint stripper (Methylene Chhloride) bad deal. I even followed the precautions on the can. I later found out the the Feds pulled the **** from the shelves. The stripper they sell now is made up in a different formula. If you have any of the old strpper, ditch it, it's not worth it believe me.
But it worked so well compared to what we have, I can remember some bad headaches and possibly burnt lungs from it too

I’ve used it a lot. Never used it in doors. Never had a problem. Pisses me off that they took it off of the shelf’s. I hear there is some new stuff on the market that is working pretty good today. I have not found any of it to work as well as the methylene chloride.
Funny thing, you can buy straight Methylene chloride by the galleons on Amazon.

Really hot water and detergent works really well, if you have a tub big enough. I love having the hot tank at work....don't have to deal with chemicals

A couple who were customers at the private shop I worked 20+yrs came in for service & proceeded to recount how She used Dow "scrubbing bubbles" bathroom cleaner, & after rinsing followed up with The Works spray cleaner on the tiles. Dave wondered why Marjorie wasn't done cleaning yet, got up to check & found Her face-down in the tub, toxic poisoning & chemical burns to the lungs. Never used either product, so no idea of the chemicals involved, but be forewarned..

The fumes are probably scarier than the chemicals themselves
I was a Millwright in a steel mill and our finishing department used about five different types of acid. My buddy and I were inside the shot blasting cabinets rebuilding the shot units and the fumes were getting terrible. I told my buddy we gotta get out of here. By time we climbed out it felt like a circus fat lady was laying on my chest. 30 of us were sent to the dispensary where we were given throat lozenges to coat our throats and we were told to keep walking till we were taken to the hospital for chest ex-rays. It took about four hours to breathe normally again.

When working with any agro-industry they use acid, not just chemicals that are readily available. I wonder if marijuana on hub420 cannabis is treated that way too? Someone else wrote about fascists.
The fumes are probably scarier than the chemicals themselves
Trichlorine as ethylene is not able to clean the surface completely. I have used Aerosol Cleaner for my car and various appliances in it, which means that electronics are in principle acceptable to clean this way. When working with any agro-industry they use acid, not just chemicals that are readily available. I wonder if marijuana is treated that way too? Someone else wrote about fascists.

-
Back