Be Cool Radiator & Fan module

-

rdakota340

Reaction score
Who has got one in use and the results I'm thinking of getting one. They look nice other than the price my set up now is not good in traffic its fine going down the highway !

Who has got one in use and the results I'm thinking of getting one. They look nice other than the price my set up now is not good in traffic its fine going down the highway !

Have you looked into Champion radiator? I've heard good things about them, though I've not tried them yet myself.

I ran a BeCool radiator with their twin 14 inch fans mounted in a shroud assembly on my 12.5 comp built 440 and in stop and go traffic in 90degree heat it never went over 185 degrees. It was worth every bit of the almost 2k it cost. Solved my running hot problems and looked great.

I dont have any experience, at least not with a mopar. But I did use a junkyard fan on a toyota truck one time. I came out real nice. They got a few guys on here that have installed junkyard fans on champion radiators and the final product looked good.

Heres a thread I started awhile back on junkyard fans:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=287386

Thanks for response guys, I have checked out champion put I believe the cross flows cool better and I'm shy on room in the front I'm still running manual water pump. I only have 5 3/4 between core support and pump snout. I have talk to Becool yesterday the said there P/N 80177 radiator will fit with the twin 13'' fans.So I guess it will be my early Xmas present LOL ouch!

The guys at Be Cool are top notch guys who live and breath cars!
They worked with me and designed a system to cool a 900HP street car.

Freddy (one of the owners) personally worked with me to make sure it worked flawlessly.

They design a whole system that's not cheap but worth EVERY dime!
It's not just the radiator that cools, the shroud and fans are just as important!

Do yourself a favor and call them!
Tell them Ratman sent ya :)

Thanks for the link Bigdummy that was some good work, I went ahead ordered the BeCool set up I talk to them twice yesterday can not remember the persons name I talk to but he did say that it will keep the car cool. I live in Florida and I like to drive my car, They said it will take 7 days to get it built then shipped I hope to get it by next Friday.

I've had 2 of those radiators from be cool. You won't be disappointed.

I run mine (twin fan system) without the fans whenever I'm on the highway and it never tops 185.

They cool so efficiently that I unhooked one of my fans and I have a back up now.

Never gets over 190 and that's idling with AC on and there's a big block in the bay.

Worth every cent.

I run mine (twin fan system) without the fans whenever I'm on the highway and it never tops 185.

They cool so efficiently that I unhooked one of my fans and I have a back up now.

Never gets over 190 and that's idling with AC on and there's a big block in the bay.

Worth every cent.

I went with the derale 2 stage fan controller. It turns one on at one temp, the 2nd at a higher temp.

I went with the derale 2 stage fan controller. It turns one on at one temp, the 2nd at a higher temp.

That's a nice set up. Mine is on a manual switch so I control it myself. I used the temp sender for a temp gauge instead of the switch.

Thats good news guys got one ? Did you guys cut out for the extra air flow I have a 22'' opening.

Yes

Figured I would take full advantage. I have the 30" radiator and it sits on the frame rails so I opened it up to the frame rails on each side and put the angle I trimmed back in place. Hard to tell now that it's all together.

Here's some mock up pics

Attachments

• 100_2035.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 301
  • 100_2039.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 293
I made the top cap out of AL sheet stock and used a bead roller to give it that faux mopar radiator look. The cap that comes with the radiator is only on each end so it looks like its missing something when installed.

Attachments

• 100_2791.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 283
AC hoses are In the passenger fender wells and come up from below.
Wiring harness lengthened and runs low along the side of the frame rail.
Horn and starter relay are mounted low on the driver side at the very front on the side of the frame rail.
Spark plug wires are long and come from below up to the plugs

Well done....no heater or blower motor.. that takes a bunch of unsightlyness away also... looks great

I had the same problem. I went to a champion 4 core radiator. I had to do a lot of "massaging" to get a larger unit in there. It still ran hot. I went out and bought a wideband O2 sensor and put it in. I was running way lean at part throttle. It was around 18:1-20:1 AF mixture. I adjusted the carb and all of my issues went away.

I had the same problem. I went to a champion 4 core radiator. I had to do a lot of "massaging" to get a larger unit in there. It still ran hot. I went out and bought a wideband O2 sensor and put it in. I was running way lean at part throttle. It was around 18:1-20:1 AF mixture. I adjusted the carb and all of my issues went away.

Checking plugs is another easy way to tell if your lean/rich and it's free BTW. :D

-
Back