Became a Dad on Thursday

-
Leighton Jack
1238897_10151859177411578_247171779_n.jpg

Hey i know this sounds weird, but smell him. Newborn babies have a very pleasent smell. It only lasts a week or two. I call it the new baby smell. LOL you will never forget it. To me my baby boy seemed to smell like baby powder and a slight vanilla smell mixed in. But that could just be my nose.

Enjoy cuddling him, because once he starts to explore his world at about 6 months old , he isnt going to want to be held much unless your rocking him to sleep. Enjoy him, for he is a miracle of God.

My little boy just turned 1 a few weeks ago. He loves hot wheels cars, and we watch a few minutes of cars on youtube. Teach him about cars as he grows up, you may raise another mopar maniac. My dad is a total car nut, my brothers and i followed his lead, and all of us are involved in the hobby.

Above all love him for the special gift he is.

Matt

Every new father has that same face. It's the "I've never been this tired in my life/ what the hell am I supposed to do with this fragile little thing now?" face.

Congrats. He now deserves your full attention. Be thankful every day that he is happy and healthy. Don't take anything for granted. They suck up so much information in the first few years. Watch what you say be he IS listening.

-
Back