Been away for a while and sad.

-

1969383S

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Been reading this evening on the site, trying to catch up! Had to take a break for a while!

Got depressed and peeled back the hibernation cover on the Fish! Have not driven since late October. Needed a pick me up!

Can not wait for better weather and hopefully no Pollen!

IMG_3428.jpg

Sweet Fish! Love the wheels... Would love them even more if they were the brushed/machined finish.... You don't have your location listed but probably a cold one... I suggest moving... Nothing is perfect but I was out driving today... We've had allot of rain but caught a break today...

Sweet Fish! Love the wheels... Would love them even more if they were the brushed/machined finish.... You don't have your location listed but probably a cold one... I suggest moving... Nothing is perfect but I was out driving today... We've had allot of rain but caught a break today...
North Georgia, Much $ spent to restore. Drive time is based on rainy times and schedules.

The Polished Centerlines always get me thumbs up! I would prefer some Steelies in body color "B7" with DD caps!

Can not find the right buyer as of this post to do the swap! Have had these since 1986. 15"x4" bolt patterns.

Fronts are 3.5 inch runners and I Have 15X8.5 rears in both 4" BS and 4.5" BS

Last edited:
Hey Gerald, glad to see you posting again. Get your 69 out and drive!!!

No rain in Rome today. I took a 35 miles drive in my 66. Wife wants me to take her tomorrow if it's not raining.

Hey Gerald, glad to see you posting again. Get your 69 out and drive!!!

No rain in Rome today. I took a 35 miles drive in my 66. Wife wants me to take her tomorrow if it's not raining.
Awesome, Thanks for Joining in Terry!

Hope you had some good Holidays! I had no idea Roy passed, Felt a bit ashamed!

Be less depressing if you left it uncovered!! :poke:
The road out front brings nothing but grief and gravel dust! I have a cool screen door for the garage you can see above, and it really helps, but Calypso likes her blanket this time of year!

Awesome, Thanks for Joining in Terry!

Hope you had some good Holidays! I had no idea Roy passed, Felt a bit ashamed!

My holidays were busy but okay, thanks for asking. I put in a couple of very long days at work in between Christmas and New Year, then left on New Year's Day for 4 nights at a new account in Dublin, GA. We got the contract to clean Westrock paper mill in Dublin. Took Friday off and I'm taking Monday off to get ready for the football championship.

Are you still working?

My holidays were busy but okay, thanks for asking. I put in a couple of very long days at work in between Christmas and New Year, then left on New Year's Day for 4 nights at a new account in Dublin, GA. We got the contract to clean Westrock paper mill in Dublin. Took Friday off and I'm taking Monday off to get ready for the football championship.

Are you still working?
Yes, I am still working, been doing it from home since 2019, Thankfully and thank you for asking! Right at 35 Years straight Now!

Always said to myself 35 at one location and I am done! Half my life at one company!

My Health is going downhill steadily however. The lower back is really bad and my feet are like an Electrical shock Nightmare most the time. The Docs are at a loss! I suspect MS, but we will see.

Needless to say, Mopars are my passion and always make me smile! Mopar on!

North Georgia, Much $ spent to restore. Drive time is based on rainy times and schedules.
Clearly you & I see things differently... I've done allot of high end restorations on rare & valuable cars... When the restoration is completed the first thing I do is take the car for a long drive...

Finished this car in mid-July of 96, August of 96 I put 1500 miles on it going to Vegas... Crossed the Mojave where the thermometer in Baker was reading 118....

IMG_0036.JPG

It's been rained on many times, it's been in snow.... It still looks damn good & I've got memories & stories about where it's been while accumulating over 100K miles since I restored it...

Clearly you & I see things differently... I've done allot of high end restorations on rare & valuable cars... When the restoration is completed the first thing I do is take the car for a long drive...

Finished this car in mid-July of 96, August of 96 I put 1500 miles on it going to Vegas... Crossed the Mojave where the thermometer in Baker was reading 118....

View attachment 1716032017

It's been rained on many times, it's been in snow.... It still looks damn good & I've got memories & stories about where it's been while accumulating over 100K miles since I restored it...
Ain't like you caint hose it off top and bottom, right?

Ain't like you caint hose it off top and bottom, right?
Every year I get it up on my lift & scrub the bottom with a soft bristle brush & a solution of mild soap & degreaser.... When I've hit everything thoroughly I pressure wash the bottom before a complete annual detail... Yeah, I probably do more than most would but the car gets driven allot & I want to keep it a nice as possible while still using it....

Trust me, I've had more "Driver" level cars & they are easier & more of a relaxed driving experience but I refuse to not drive my cars...

The car in my Avatar use to be one of those cars back in the 90's... when it needed a full resto... But it got that in 2000-2001..... So now it could be called to nice to drive.... But....

5BD25173-F8A0-48AD-89B5-37B14A965E98.jpg

Every year I get it up on my lift & scrub the bottom with a soft bristle brush & a solution of mild soap & degreaser.... When I've hit everything thoroughly I pressure wash the bottom before a complete annual detail... Yeah, I probably do more than most would but the car gets driven allot & I want to keep it a nice as possible while still using it....

Trust me, I've had more "Driver" level cars & they are easier & more of a relaxed driving experience but I refuse to not drive my cars...

The car in my Avatar use to be one of those cars back in the 90's... when it needed a full resto... But it got that in 2000-2001..... So now it could be called to nice to drive.... But....

View attachment 1716032021
...but there it is. I agree. They're no fun unless driven. That's why we drive Vixen as much as possible. She's just a blast.

Nah, he is a guy who drives his car. It's a beautiful car, but pop the hood and you can see it's a driver. Sounds like his back and feet are bringing him down.

Gerald, hopefully the docs will figure out what is causing the issues. I can only imagine how the pain can get you down.

It's raining pretty good here today so I won't be taking the wife for a drive unless it stops. I don't care if my car gets wet (it was repainted in 1981, but not restored). I don't intentionally take it out in the rain, but if it gets wet while I'm out, it's okay.

Even if you don’t drive it you can still look at it and see the good times, mine are all tucked away and cleaning all the snow this season keeps me from doing so

View attachment 1716032017

Mine has been wet as well and worse. When I expect it to be bad I refrain.

Takes a long time to detail back up again. Honestly that hurts me when I have to climb under and more to wipe it all nice again.

To me, it does not out way the pure driving enjoyment I feel when I do get out. I just wait for a better day and drive longer!

Nah, he is a guy who drives his car. It's a beautiful car, but pop the hood and you can see it's a driver. Sounds like his back and feet are bringing him down.

Gerald, hopefully the docs will figure out what is causing the issues. I can only imagine how the pain can get you down.

It's raining pretty good here today so I won't be taking the wife for a drive unless it stops. I don't care if my car gets wet (it was repainted in 1981, but not restored). I don't intentionally take it out in the rain, but if it gets wet while I'm out, it's okay.
Pretty clean under the hood to. Been back on the road since late 2014! But yes I drive around 1k or more every year. Wish I would have had the Exhaust manifolds jet hot coated instead of the paint!

Mine has been wet as well and worse. When I expect it to be bad I refrain.

Takes a long time to detail back up again. Honestly that hurts me when I have to climb under and more to wipe it all nice again.

To me, it does not out way the pure driving enjoyment I feel when I do get out. I just wait for a better day and drive longer!
I get the it hurts part.. More & more every year... Lucky for me, I have a lift... I use to not take mine out if there was a chance of rain.. These days I won't let it stop me... Yes it gets dirty, no I don't jump right onto getting it cleaned up like I did when I was in my forties or even fifties... Half way through my sixties I figure I'll get it next time I have it on the lift... Whether that's an oil change or just a annual detail....

Good Luck, hope you get to feeling better... Smoke 'Em If You Got 'Em

The Polished Centerlines always get me thumbs up! I would prefer some Steelies in body color "B7" with DD caps!

Can not find the right buyer as of this post to do the swap! Have had these since 1986. 15"x4" bolt patterns.

Fronts are 3.5 inch runners and I Have 15X8.5 rears in both 4" BS and 4.5" BS

Wheels like these?

FCBB26FE-F2F5-4D4C-8A5A-1F243D813C2B.jpeg

-
Back