Been busy - my wife is crazy

-

MB43

Reaction score
I've got a 36 x 15 deck on the back of my house. My wife, for whatever reason, decided it wasn't big enough and it had to be extended to the end of the house...

So this is what I've been doing for the last few weekends:

1001217.jpg

1001219.jpg

1001221.jpg

All I know is she'd better be happy with this after all this work!

1001248.jpg

1001251.jpg

Here's the slave driver checking on progress:

1001249.jpg

I am really happy with how it came out, though. Especially since I had no idea what I was doing!

1001254.jpg

1001253.jpg

1001259.jpg

It looks nice. Bet your happy your house doesn't go any further down, aslong as she doesnt get the bright idea of making it extend further from the house. :lol:

That looks really good. I have been helping my dad put a deck around the pool, its alot of work. You should ask for something for your car now!!I think thats fair after all that work.

onehellofadart said:
Very nice. Whens the party? ;-)

Starts Saturday at 7 PM, ends when the beer runs out. This is our 4th annual "Luau". Last year it poured, and I still had to throw people out at 5 AM.

No idea what your doing looks like you did. Then again, I was in need of a deck to replace the
worm out broken down unit that was there. Just a little comon sense
and a little knowledge go a long long way.

Nice job Mike.

Acq Framing W/ S4s Cedar Decking Very Nice. Just So You Can Feel Like You Saved Some Serious Cake The Going Rate Per Sq Ft Is 38.00. You Do The Math.

GO DART said:
Acq Framing W/ S4s Cedar Decking Very Nice. Just So You Can Feel Like You Saved Some Serious Cake The Going Rate Per Sq Ft Is 38.00. You Do The Math.
The fact that my brother works for 84 Lumber and got me all the wood for a little over $1200 doesn't hurt, either!

Looks great I am in the middle of doing the same thing. My wife also got a bright Idea to extend are deck and she wanted to make a Bylevel style deck to are pool. But still working on al that.
That looks very good I hope mine will look half as good I will be Happy :happy6:

looking good! sometimes you have to that kind of tuff like that to be able to put more money in your car;)

mikelbeck said:
I am really happy with how it came out, though. Especially since I had no idea what I was doing!

1001259.jpg

Looks great - But wouldnt it have been easier to just get rid of the wife? :D
Seriously, one thing I noticed from the pics. It looks like you have the wood going all the way to the ground. This is a big no no. You'll eventually rot the wood and invite insect infestation. In 5 years the slave driver will have you out there redoing it.

Just cut the wood so there is a few inches between the wood and the ground, and make sure to seal the bottom of the wood.

:)

Joeychgo said:
Looks great - But wouldnt it have been easier to just get rid of the wife? :D
Seriously, one thing I noticed from the pics. It looks like you have the wood going all the way to the ground. This is a big no no. You'll eventually rot the wood and invite insect infestation. In 5 years the slave driver will have you out there redoing it.

Just cut the wood so there is a few inches between the wood and the ground, and make sure to seal the bottom of the wood.

:)
That's how the other deck is, and I haven't had any problems with either rotting or insects. All of the wood is sealed (Thompson's) and I re-seal it every year.

So far so good... If it starts to rot, I'll rip it all up and go with that composite stuff. She's already talking about that...

Joeychgo said:
Why dont you hand her the hammer when she starts talking about things? LOLOL

Because then I'd have to clean up her mess after she screwed everything up!

Last night she says to me:

"You know what? You should've run a wire under the deck before you layed the boards down. We could use an outlet near the planters"

So guess what I was doing last night...

How about directions to the party. I will bring the Sabretts and Chilli. The deck looks great. I had to do the kitchen, family room, laundry room and the bathroom for mine this year. All I want is a 6 pack setup for the Duster.

Mopar471 said:
How about directions to the party. I will bring the Sabretts and Chilli. The deck looks great. I had to do the kitchen, family room, laundry room and the bathroom for mine this year. All I want is a 6 pack setup for the Duster.

I did the kitchen and downstairs bathroom over the winter (new ceramic tile, appliances & fixtures), and recently had the dining room & living room done (oak flooring).

I'm done for a while... At least until next year!

Directions? Get on the LIE, head east. When you get to my neighborhood, turn left. Then listen for the noise, you'll find it.

It'll be loud, we might be having a band. :supz:

We've got more than enough food, bring beer. The more beer we have, the longer the party can go on. :drinkers:

I"ll be there. Thanks to ez pass. Now if I could only buy beer with it.

Mopar471 said:
I"ll be there. Thanks to ez pass. Now if I could only buy beer with it.

Ok. I'll save ya a burger or three.

-
Back