Been Looking At A 67 Fury III...

-

Dantra

69 Dart.. AKA Butters
Reaction score
More interested in adding a few accents and reselling than keeping but just not sure how well that will work out...

Super clean 67, nice interior with bench seat, 383 car, body "appears" to be solid and straight, decent (possibly original) and no rust in pics. It's a few hours away and I'm only beginning to ask questions with the seller.

I know that the year and model isn't the most desirable but I'm stumped why it hasn't sold in the month that it's been for sale..5k

What gives?

2 door or 4 door? The slab side boats have a small following. If you're looking to flip it, as I read into your opening lines, I seriously doubt you'll make anything on it. Maybe ask the same questions on FCBO, or Cbodydrydock.com

That being said, if you're going to cruise it yourself for a couple of years and it's as clean as you hope it is, go for it. That thing will be a smooth ride for sure.

2 door

It's a boat for sure. 2 owner, all original body/interior and just starting to get a touch of surface rust on the trunk pan. Someone has tinkered with the engine obviously since the valve covers, intake and carb are not original tho. Only down side to the car is that it does not have factory air. If it had air, my wife would love it haha

Pretty clean

fury.jpg

fury1.jpg

Nice looking cruiser, for sure. As much as I like the boats, I'm putting my 69 Fury ragtop up for sale after I'm done cruising this year. Probably late September. Been driving it done for 13 seasons. I have other projects I've decided to start moving on and need to make room to do them.

There's very little market for the slabs. That price is too high for it, even given the condition which I think is great. Unfortunately that's probably a $2-3K car once you find the right buyer. I would not consider any C body aside from the '70 Hurst cars as much on flipper potential. If you get them free or under $1K you might make something if it's nice. Otherwise - good luck with them.

Yea, I figured it'd be a hard sell.. Not my style so it would be a return the engine to stock and add some nice shoes. After that, it'd be tough to make a dollar.

bench seat -

no AC -

not a fast top -

2 bbl or 4 bbl? (if 2 bbl -) (383 adds no value vs a 318)

It is clean with a nice interior.

4K-5K my estimate

so if you bargain, you will be at market value.

Going to be a hard flip but also going to be a nice car for someone who wants a car like that.

I recently picked up a 66 project car. I have wanted a slab fury for a few years now so I am married to it as they say. I am going to have so much money into and I know going in that it will never be worth what I put in but I am going to do it anyways.

20180820_110305.jpg

Going to be a hard flip but also going to be a nice car for someone who wants a car like that.

I recently picked up a 66 project car. I have wanted a slab fury for a few years now so I am married to it as they say. I am going to have so much money into and I know going in that it will never be worth what I put in but I am going to do it anyways.

View attachment 1715214180
I think that's where it's at.. someone wanting something, investing and not caring about the value. I'd do that for the right car.. or truck. The heart wants what the heart wants.

bench seat -

no AC -

not a fast top -

2 bbl or 4 bbl? (if 2 bbl -) (383 adds no value vs a 318)

It is clean with a nice interior.

4K-5K my estimate

so if you bargain, you will be at market value.
If it was an AC car.. be a nice cruizer for my wife

Heck if you can buy it right, throw an after market a/c in it and let her roll it.

Heck if you can buy it right, throw an after market a/c in it and let her roll it.
They seem pretty firm and I have to be realistic. The added cost of AC would put it over the top. If it was her dream car, there would be no question.

Hard to pass up a classic 67 Mopar, all original 2 owner car with 60k miles for 5 grand but it's looking like I'm gonna have to walk away.

This thread reminded me of a funny story... When I was about 18, I had a part time job in a family run auto parts store. One day a fellow came in, and asked me if we had a radio antenna that would fit his 1968 Fury "One Eleven". I still chuckle over that one.

Garry

When I was 5 in 1973 I thought the neighbor bought a new "Seattle Sebring".

The cursive script is still a little difficult to read on that model.

There is a 67 Sport Fury fast top 383 4 speed bucket seat with AC car in B5 (888?) blue/blue int in a scrap yard near me.

Owner does sell complete cars if they have titles but this one does not :(

My mother's sister's husband had a 68 Sport Fury fast top in 888 blue when I was a kid. First Moapr I ever rode in. I really liked the styling and the color, and the bucket seats and seat pattern. The spare wheel (in 888 blue) stayed in my grandmothers back yard for some reason for over a decade. I always wondered why it was blue when all the other car wheels I saw were black. I loved that wheel....

There is a 67 Sport Fury fast top 383 4 speed bucket seat with AC car in B5 (888?) blue/blue int in a scrap yard near me.

Owner does sell complete cars if they have titles but this one does not :(

My mother's sister's husband had a 68 Sport Fury fast top in 888 blue when I was a kid. First Moapr I ever rode in. I really liked the styling and the color, and the bucket seats and seat pattern. The spare wheel (in 888 blue) stayed in my grandmothers back yard for some reason for over a decade. I always wondered why it was blue when all the other car wheels I saw were black. I loved that wheel....
Too bad that's in a scrap yard.. While reading on the white Fury, I found that the 4spd 383 ones are kinda special.

Cool story about the wheel... Funny where our memories lead us at times.

I was 5 in 73 as well. My first Mopar to ride in was a 70 Hemi SuperBird. Uncle bought it new and it was moms daily driver while he was in Korea. Mom ended up buying a new 72 triple black Charger SE. Uncle returned home and sold the Bird for $4000 in 74.. I come from a big Mopar family but I rebelled when I was a teen and turned to Chevy. Kids are silly haha

I really think the car in the OP question is worth 5k

Too bad it has to be so far away from me. I would give 5k.

5k isn't too high when you consider a serviceable car that has good paint and looks good. Nice interior. I would drive that to sonic and eat in it.

Most of my cars have such ratty interiors that eating in them would be so gross. So this is a good car you can use now. Heck that is cheaper than a lot of modern econo boxes you can get, except this is style and something you will have 15 years from now.

Where else can you get an awesome cruiser like that for 5K?

One of my 4-doors is not this nice cosmetically, but I paid more than this for it & I am glad to have it.

Now we seem to be negotiating. If miss out no biggie, but if the negotiation goes a little more my way.. guess I'll be owning a 67 Slab.

I thought the OP was looking for a flip.

The problem is that the asking price is near market value.

No room.

Even if negotiated down...after transfer, tax, ins, etc he'll be losing money unless he can find a buyer willing to pay high retail.

Agreed - beautiful car but only way to get it is way below asking. You will not get dollar for dollar what you put into it, even with brand new wheels and tires. This is for money making... If one is attracted to it as more than a flip, that's a very different situation.

I thought the OP was looking for a flip.

The problem is that the asking price is near market value.

No room.

Even if negotiated down...after transfer, tax, ins, etc he'll be losing money unless he can find a buyer willing to pay high retail.
I agree totally. But the negotiating has just begun.. If it lands in my comfort zone, I'll snatch it up. If it doesn't land there.. no biggie. Sometimes I like to roll the dice! But not without some reservations.

What stumps me tho is that nobody that just wants it for market value hasn't picked it up. I've done some comparisons, looked on Hagertys value calculator etc and the price is right.. It's just a hard sell

Last edited:
If you do get it and want to flip it, try to advertise it in the European market. I believe the American land yachts have a bit of a cult following across the pond.

-
Back