been out in Cali a week and finally found a Mopar on the street

-

airwoofer

Drivetrain limit explorer
Reaction score
Seen maybe 6-7 VWs including a veery nice 70? camper van in hemet. Where are the Mopars??

Finally saw a Chrystler on the street being loaded up with groceries by a woman and kids in Guadalupe. It said New Yorker on the side and was green. Looked like this:

Front3-4.jpg

Go to Woodley Park in Van Nuys on Saturday the 15th and you will see over 500 of them. Fall Fling is in 2 days.

Airwoofer this Saturday if your in N.Cal there is a great lil Old Car Picnic in San Francisco. Its Jimmy`s Old Car Picnic..

Attachments

• AUT_8703.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 265
Damn... Van Nuys sounds like a cool time. I'm stuck in Lompoc and then headed south to Hemet Sunday for overnight then back home.

May have to change the plans. Have any more info on Fall Fling?

Gee, Airwofer, you are hitting all of the garden spots of the state....Lompoc, Hemet, Guadalupe....next, you'll be telling us you are going out to Trona for the night life. LOL

Inside California joke there fellas. Trona is where the 20-mule teams used to take their loads of Borax that were mined in Death Valley for shipment at the railhead.

Seriously, if you can rearrange your travel plans then make it to Woodley Park in Van Nuys on Saturday like the others have said. You really won't be disappointed.

Woodley is in the Northwest quadrant formed by the intersection of the 101 and the 405 Freeways and just south of the Van Nuys airport. It is in the Sepulveda Dam Recreational Area.

You will pass it on your way from Lompoc to Hemet.

mopars can be found, older ones not so easy. Makes the one you got so much more special....

Great steak place in Guadalupe! Hope you found it.
If you make it to Fall Fling and see a guy wearing an "Inland Mopars" t-shirt distributing show flyers in cars, stop me, say "Hi", and introduce yourself!
Seriously, try to make Fall Fling. You will not be disappointed.

Fall Fling!! Hell Ya!! I wasn't able to get there till noon but once on the grounds I was like a kid in a candy store. Hit the vendors, talked with Dave at Laysons, the TTI guys and lots of swap meeters. Hit the cars and saw more hemis than I thought still existed. Mostly bigger cars like Chargers and Road runners... but did see a 68 fb fish and solved my seatback lever actuation mystery (I need a pair of the cams that attach to the rectangular rod). It was cool watching and hearing the cars leave out.

Had my airplane tee on but nobody came by and said hi. MAybe I was moving around too fast.

Some guy at the swap meet had a belt drive blower for a SB and a pair of ported W2 heads to match... damn good thing I didn't have that much money on me.

Bummer for the guy with the purple rod on the side of the freeway getting loaded onto a roll-on with his Mopar wingman there watching.

Gee, Airwofer, you are hitting all of the garden spots of the state....Lompoc, Hemet, Guadalupe....next, you'll be telling us you are going out to Trona for the night life. LOL

Inside California joke there fellas. Trona is where the 20-mule teams used to take their loads of Borax that were mined in Death Valley for shipment at the railhead.

Seriously, if you can rearrange your travel plans then make it to Woodley Park in Van Nuys on Saturday like the others have said. You really won't be disappointed.

Woodley is in the Northwest quadrant formed by the intersection of the 101 and the 405 Freeways and just south of the Van Nuys airport. It is in the Sepulveda Dam Recreational Area.

You will pass it on your way from Lompoc to Hemet.

Well, yeah... I am a SoCal native who bailed in 1979 but still have to come out here to see my folks. Thus Lompoc and Hemet. Guadalupe was on the way up to the beaches near Pismo cause I like the back roads - didn't eat at the old west place which I was told is moving. I told Mom I was blowing out a day early - Today was my day and I had fun. Hit Santa Paula Airport for some tee shirts and the Fall Fling at Woodley where I also picked up some sweatshirts. Watching NASCAR right now.

You know how little respect a guy gets driving an old man's mini-van around SoCal??? :wack:

BTW, there was a petition at the restraunt in Lompoc for a 1/8 mile strip and a motocross track. Yeah I signed it and got the old Mother to also sign. Salivated at all the hills around Lompoc which would be perfect for riding my dirt bike. Lotsa grows up there - you can smell it in the air at some spots. :toothy9:

By the way Airwoofer, one of the street racing hotspots is less the ten minutes from the borderline from Guad.

........................airwoofer, i didnt see no guy wearing a shirt with an upside down airplane at the fall fling today...................................

........................airwoofer, i didnt see no guy wearing a shirt with an upside down airplane at the fall fling today...................................

I didn't get there till noon and left around 3. Maybe I was buzzing around so fast it was too blurry. Was checking out the 68 Dart at the TTI booth before I left after showing Dave at Laysons what I was talking about with the rear seatback cams.

Heckova show! Need to figure out how to be there in the spring. Sorry I didn't get a chance to hook up with any FABO guys.

yea i was drooling over that 68 dart....omg everything on that car was perfect.....everything...

-
Back