Bellhousing and flywheel questions

-

plumkrazee70

Reaction score
I am mocking up the Bellhousing so I can check the run out, but it doesn't want to sit on the dowel pins. It looks like the ears are hitting the headers. Is this normal to have to trim the ears? The casting number is 2892482, for a 10.5" sb.

Also, does the machined side of the flywheel go outwards? Do I have the orientation right in the pic?

Thanks, in advance. 1st time experience with a 4 speed.

IMG_20220205_113625780.jpg

IMG_20220205_113658845.jpg

IMG_20220205_113715328.jpg

IMG_20220205_113743518.jpg

IMG_20220205_113813357.jpg

IMG_20220205_113835197.jpg

Those had something to do with the casting process. Cut them off.

Thank you, sir. Any comment on the flywheel? Does it bolt up just like I have it?
I guess? As long as it's the correct size and tooth count for the bellhousing, you're good. I agree with Rat Bastid's remarks about ditching the washers and using Lock Tite. I'd use blue.

Yes A hole is offset. You can't get all the bolts in if it's wrong.

What pressure plate / disc set? (just askin')

Its a 10.95" clutch. The brand is Ram. I got everything from Passon at his recommendation. Does the machined side face towards the Bellhousing? The other side is completely smooth (no cross hatching)

The side you have turned up in the picture with the swirl pattern goes away from the engine.

Now, I'm just giving this bit of advice and I mean no disrespect whatsoever, so please don't take it that way. But if you aren't sure of which way a flywheel bolts to an engine, get hold of someone with some more knowledge about working on cars than you have. And again, no offense meant at all. We all know different things, but that is a VERY basic thing that you should know. I'd hate to see you make a simple mistake and mess up something that will cost a ton to do over again.

The side you have turned up in the picture with the swirl pattern goes away from the engine.

Now, I'm just giving this bit of advice and I mean no disrespect whatsoever, so please don't take it that way. But if you aren't sure of which way a flywheel bolts to an engine, get hold of someone with some more knowledge about working on cars than you have. And again, no offense meant at all. We all know different things, but that is a VERY basic thing that you should know. I'd hate to see you make a simple mistake and mess up something that will cost a ton to do over again.

I know it sounds like a silly question, and I was sure that was the way it went purely on how the clutch friction material is designed. I just wanted to be sure. No offense taken at all. I'm sure there will be more questions to come.

-
Back