Bench bleeding a new Master

-

mopowers

Reaction score
I just picked up a new master cylinder and need to bench bleed it. It came with plugs to plug the ports and instructions saying to just screw the plugs in and (with the top on) depress the piston multiple times until there is only about 1/8" of travel. I've never bench bled a master cylinder like this. Does this method actually work??? Typically I've just rigged up some short clear plastic lines to bleed the air out. Thanks!!

ive always left the top off, secured the master cylinder, fill it with fluid, run the hoses into the reservoirs and the pump it slowly until there are no more air bubbles. put the lid on and then install it.

I just picked up a new master cylinder and need to bench bleed it. It came with plugs to plug the ports and instructions saying to just screw the plugs in and (with the top on) depress the piston multiple times until there is only about 1/8" of travel. I've never bench bled a master cylinder like this. Does this method actually work??? Typically I've just rigged up some short clear plastic lines to bleed the air out. Thanks!!

Yes. But either way is fine.

Can you watch this.. X2 on how to on above posts

There is some good reminders here

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bEPrO99B5A"]Bench Bleeding the Master Cylinder on your Classic Car - YouTube[/ame]

Have some water close by, to rinse an brake fluid that may accidentally spill/spray on any paint-work..

Brake fluid is excellent paint and finish remover ! !

skin/eye/area protection is a must with this stuff, I am sure you know. just had to say.
I would think a wet rag will hold it from going on the area you are working around long enough so it will not soak threw..

-
Back