Bench seat for 67 barracuda

-

wlecat

Reaction score
I need some help form someone who has experiance with A body interiors.
Anyone know if 68-69 bench seats will fit in the 67?
If the car had buckets originally are different mounting brackets needed?
Should they come as part of the bench?
Will any of the A body bench seats fit in the 67 barracuda?
If so what years?
Thanks (bench works better for me, I need to sit higher)

67 thru 69 should be exactly the same, except some may have headrests.. Bucket seat brackets are completely different and mount in a different location. You definitely need bench seat brackets and tracks.

I don't see why later benches wouldn't work (A body thru 76) -- obviously you need a bench out of a 2-door, not a 4-door (if you want to use the back seat). I would be dubious about the earlier A-bodies -- the floor may have been different.

I only recently found a bench seat for my 67 Barracuda, after several years of looking. They are tough to get hold of because nobody wants to ship them, and Barracuda benches are particularly scarce. If you are willing to consider other years and models it will be a lot easier.

I have a bench seat here from a 67 I would sell cheap. I'm not that far from you. 17813 central pa. Mike.

Thanks. Send a pic if you can with a price. might be a couple months before I can pick up

I've used later benches in my '67 a-body and they bolted right in.
'67 did not have a safety latch to be released before folding forward.
'67 Head rests are super rare, at least in the US.
Barracuda benches came with the fold down arm rest in the middle. I think that was an option on other/later models but someone else will have to answer that.

I think I have some photos of the internal differences on my website.

-
Back