Bench seat tracks - 2 door to a 4 door

-

lemondana

BlackDart
Reaction score
Are the bench seat tracks the same, whether they come from a 4 dr or a 2 dr? And what years are interchangeable? I have a split bench with the fold down armrest from a 73 Dart Swinger that I would like to use in my 67 Dart. The 73 seat tracks are pretty rusty, and I would like to find some nicer ones. There is a salvage yard that I go to that has a lot of old A bodies. Thanks for any info here!

The track overall height, bolts to floor, didn't change. The bolts to bottom of seat and length of travel may have changed. The biggest difference is the shape of the track rails. The earlier tracks had deeper rails with larger rollers and steel roller changes. All of that changed in later models. The roller cages changed to white plastic, nylon, or something,
seat tracks.JPG
and it would break. Later track design on right of pic should be what you have under a 73 bench. Roller cages shown are from the earlier tracks.
seat track rollers.JPG
seat track rollers.JPG
seat track rollers.JPG
seat tracks.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks-Redfish: For the pictures and the info. I've never had a track apart, I didn't realize they had rollers like that in them. When you say 73 up, does that mean the 73 to 76 are the same? Again-thanks for the pictures!

Thanks-Redfish: For the pictures and the info. I've never had a track apart, I didn't realize they had rollers like that in them. When you say 73 up, does that mean the 73 to 76 are the same? Again-thanks for the pictures!
As far as I know, low back benches with head rests have the same tracks. The high back benches may or may not have the same tracks under them.
There is a t least 1 video on Youtube showing how to take the tracks apart, clean, paint, lube, etc...
The tracks with plastic roller cages may not be worth the effort if those cages aren't reproduced.

-
Back