bending trunk lip -'68 barracuda

-

Dave NEO

Reaction score
'68 barracuda - one side has always been a bit lifted up - creating a larger gap where trunk lid it meets the tail lite bezel. Anyone ever had this and try to give it an inward push to bend and correct/improve?
272178_2731b622fb3b_low_res (2)_LI.jpg

Remove trim first.
Channel locks or similar to bend down.
Bend a little on edge of lid ,trial and error.
Should be good.

thanks - will try it I suppose.. don't want to muck up that big trim piece though.

more visible in this pic not just the trim - the whole trunk lid seems pulled upward.
272236_a22440f9ebec_low_res (2).jpg

Wonder if there is a way to pull it from the inside. Or with a ratchet strap. I have pulled metal into place with my ratcheting load binder,i just fab up a hook to fit the need.

Do remember that these A-Bodies were enconomy cars in the line up and perfection was rare. All the trim lining up perfectly is only on very over restored cars.

Might want to check the fit to the weatherstrip and panel its mounted to.it could be pushing it out.
Use a sheet of paper,size of a dollar bill and close trunk on it. If it grabs the paper snugly you will need to adjust jamb the same amount.

rest of trunk lines up so I don't think weatherstrip is issue but I'll check. Weather break next 2 days so I'm taking off that piece and seeing if it needs tweaking on the workbench then maybe do the trunk edge itself if it's not lining up with the tailight section. will report back.
Economy? C,mon Gerald, I got an H price class code in my VIN, lol.

-
Back