Best ABODY header?

-
With all due respect to Cracked, I would call TTi,tell them what your driving,order a set of there ceramic coated headers,and never look back.

Now that was easy ,wasnt it ?

The hardest part is probably getting them to Canada....... #-o

Dam I love my 340 manifolds.......... 8)

I use the ignore feature here with great success. Really makes things better.
I agree, mine is getting rather long though. I know if I end up going with a na small block in my car I will be going with either Doug's or TTI's.....From the sounds of it as long as the motor is where it belongs, fit is not an issue. As bad as the header issue is for our cars, it is nothing compared to a 64 Fairlane. Hooker has them listed, but everyone I have talked to about them have nothing but complaints. I have an older set of Headman's in my car, every time I push the clutch in I am reminded of there poor fitment. When I took the car off the trailer when I got it up here I more or less sealed there fate with a rock.......

604, you are very welcome.

The low dollar place is posted in the exhaust forums and really easy to find.

You could just help somebody out and post it here... it probably would have taken you less effort then posting that line. Just saying.

I see the one that comes up $387.90 uncoated. That's not bad, but still 4 times the Jegs ones which went in for me with little effort, including the ability to use the stock starter. So 4 times that price will buy custom. It's all a compromise.

I see the one that comes up $387.90 uncoated. That's not bad, but still 4 times the Jegs ones which went in for me with little effort, including the ability to use the stock starter. So 4 times that price will buy custom. It's all a compromise.

These?
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/30080/10002/-1

They're 125 bucks + shipping.....
....and they are just like my super comps that hang way low and bottom out quick-like...they do make good power though.

Have used TTI'S on 2 different cars will use no other brand,fit and finish is excellent..as for Dougs have a friend using them on a small block '70 dart he had issues installing them wishes he bought TTI'S instead :-D:-D

Interested in what issues your friend had while installing Dougs headers...They look pretty damn close to tti's in design...

Interested in what issues your friend had while installing Dougs headers...They look pretty damn close to tti's in design...

Ya,they're kind of close in design but their not exactely the same... he had to add spacers to the motor mounts to get them to clear the p.w. steering and one of the tubes is just about touching his oil pan,really too close for his liking,2 things i did'nt have to deal with TTI'S..

The thread is called "Best ABODY header?" IMHO the BEST header you can get is one that is custom made to your vehicle and your configuration.....this ensures that you can change your oil filter EASILY, change your STOCK starter motor easily and does not require crossmember mods of anykind.... they aint cheap but I can take em out and put em in NO DENTS inside of 30 mins no engine lift , no frame mods, no oil change hassle, Stock shorty starter do not hang low do not hang below K cannot be seen "under the car" from the side or front appropriate flow and pressure....
These sound like great headers , 30 minutes to put on , no mods , stock starter , where can I get a set of these for a 1970 340 Swinger ? If I could get a set of headers like this , manifolds would be on the back burner . Cost is a factor , but I figure under $1200.00 is reasonable , can they be had for around that ?

These sound like great headers , 30 minutes to put on , no mods , stock starter , where can I get a set of these for a 1970 340 Swinger ? If I could get a set of headers like this , manifolds would be on the back burner . Cost is a factor , but I figure under $1200.00 is reasonable , can they be had for around that ?

You can for under $700 they're called TTI'S..

That 30 minutes to install is a deal breaker. lol You're gonna have to go without....

-
Back