best car dollies for the money???

-

moparmusclecars

Reaction score
I don't need top notch $1200 dollies, but something decent enough to roll my 71 RR around the shop. I know the cheaper you get, the cheaper the product gets. Any one found decent dollies at a decent price?

I bought a set of Ignition dollies & a buddy bought a set from Princess Auto & they look absolutely the same except mine are black & his are blue. Think they were around $90 a pair. Just using them for winter storage but both rolled fine.

the harbor freight ones work fine as long as the floor is clean , i had a coupon for all 4 @ $50 . the price was right..

I bought four of these TireSkates, and four of the SkateTops. Very happy with these and they roll very easy.

http://www.tireskate.com/
I have these as well. As long as they are well lubed they work well. If they are dry good luck. Before I figured out they need a bit of PB Blaster I spent more time chasing the skates down and jacking the car back up then moving the damn thing.....

I don't need top notch $1200 dollies, but something decent enough to roll my 71 RR around the shop. I know the cheaper you get, the cheaper the product gets. Any one found decent dollies at a decent price?

$1200... You must have been looking at the GoJak dollies. I have one pair and really like them but they are very expensive. I picked mine up for a decent price at an auction.

I would not trust anything critical to the H-freight company (my opinion). I bought the 4 wheel skates once. I put a dart without an engine on them. within 2 minutes of trying to push it in the shop, 2 wheels snapped off!

Chip brushes, tape, tools that you are going to modify for 1 use......HF is great.
Durable devices that hold stuff up, especially if you are going to be underneath it....forget it.

As with everything...you get what you pay for..

Got some of those harbor freight ones on sale. Put a 68 dart with no engine or trans on them. rolled it around in a 360 in the garage without any issues. I would think if anything is going to break its going to be the wheels, which you could easily replace with something stronger. I would wait till there is a nice coupon for them though to buy them.

Yes the dollies would be used in my shop, and yes it is a concrete floor, if that's what you were asking 67dart.

-
Back