Best clutch for small block W-600 hp

-
AMEN Moper.

I have less than 30 runs on my car and have had more grief than many of my long time racing friends.

Most of my bad "luck" was the result of the F*CKING I got by an engine shop.

Name an shame brother!
:cheers:

That would be why I don't typically race 4sps...lol. I have t odrive 2.5hrs one way for track time. I don't have the time to debug stuff like that...lol. Sounds like they used the wrong abacus to get your engine together. At least you're past that. Now just look forward.

Aside from the engine screwing i got, I have had LESS success with autos..believe it or not.

I have a $1000 umbrella stand....ya just "send it back and we'll rework it ..AGAIN"...NOT.

Atleast with stickshift stuff I've found people who STAND behind their work and products...can't say that for thhose other trannies.

I've got what I've always wanted in a race car now...Small block and a Lenco.

The shop the F*CKED me was Mid Island engine in Duncan BC Canada....ask Chuck IF he knows how to calculate compression ratios...I was told I had 13.5...not the 15.25 I had....

Don't feel bad Steve and i have a ferry ride plus about a 2-3 1/2 hr drive to get to Mission...i'm closer.

Steves new motor is going to be a brute to say the least...2010 is shaping up to be an awesome year!.

Todd

For those who don't believe in "light weight" flywheels. etc ..READ the first page the link to the Tilton has there...good reading and right on the mark.

Thanks for postiong that Burntorange

Todd

For those who don't believe in "light weight" flywheels. etc ..READ the first page the link to the Tilton has there...good reading and right on the mark.

Todd
I sec that, I did not get any prices from for there combo I was priced $2100,00 from Advanced for the 10" combo

Todd
Ha Todd check out the last few threads in my post of the dyno run, some pritty funny **** happend to me the day I lost my engine at mission.

Steve..that's what i paid..but the $ was worth quite a bit less.

go to the UMTR Forum..there is LOTS of advice and support over there too.

http://www.umtrnorth.com/forums/

I went with Rob for a few reasons..he's on the west coast, you can call him ANY time, he came highly recommended, AND he uses his own stuff.

The real reason i went with the Lenco, besides the fact I've wanted one since I was 14, was the choice of 1st gear ratios, and the ability to put a magnet on the input shaft for my data logger. But most of all was the maintenance factor...i don't want to pull my trans out and re-dress the Pro-shift cogs on a regular basis.

I'll never hurt my current trans and I have room to grow IF I feel the need for more speed.

The magnet can be done for the 833, but after talking to a few more people, i realized I needed a better 1st gear for my car.

Keep us posted!!!!

Todd

Todd

My dad changed out his 35 pound clutch/flywheel with a 16 pound set up from Tilton. It realy freed up som HP. Guys that he could hardly keep up with before get smoked on now with just a clutch and flywheel change. It is some $$$ but if you want the best you got to pay.

Thanks every one for all the input in this thread, I have decided to go with a clutch *** from advanced clutches it a 10" system it will be custom built for my combo, Thanks to Todd to all your input, I like the fact that Rob youg blood is servicing many other local racers that I no running more power and much faster times then I will be running, the quality seems superior to others in its class. I look forward to seeing any of you that may be racing mission this year. I will keep you posted on any other choices I make as well as my progress.
Ps this unit *** is 25 lbs total. Cost $2100. US
clutch_sm[1].jpgFlywheel.jpg

clutch_sm[1].jpg

Flywheel.jpg

Good move Steve.

IF you want a hint to save some $$$$$$..get one of Robs' local racers to bring it up the Div 6 race in Mission...that is how i got mine delivered..saves on the taxes and other BS.

Todd

Good move Steve.

IF you want a hint to save some $$$$$$..get one of Robs' local racers to bring it up the Div 6 race in Mission...that is how i got mine delivered..saves on the taxes and other BS.

Todd
Good Idea but I need this clutch asp so I can have the eng ballenced.

Thanks every one for all the input in this thread, I have decided to go with a clutch *** from advanced clutches it a 10" system it will be custom built for my combo, Thanks to Todd to all your input, I like the fact that Rob youg blood is servicing many other local racers that I no running more power and much faster times then I will be running, the quality seems superior to others in its class. I look forward to seeing any of you that may be racing mission this year. I will keep you posted on any other choices I make as well as my progress.
Ps this unit *** is 25 lbs total. Cost $2100. US
View attachment 119902View attachment 119903

Sounds like a nice set up. Let us know how it works for you. Is this a drag only or do you think it would work on the street too?

-
Back