best coil??

-

beerboy

Reaction score
my coil went on my 73 340 duster last week, no warning on these --the car just dies!! I am running the stock distibrutor with the orange ecu box. who makes the best coil? heard the napa ones are good. also are the epoxy coils better then oil filled? like more heat resistant? coil is mounted on the manifold, which is the way mopar did them at factory. would mounting on fire wall be better as it seems like its heat that kills the coil. car is strictly a mild built street cruiser no racing or abuse! thanks much

I think most oil filled stock type coils are made in China, that goes for the MSD, accel, etc... Might as well get napa's best for a mild engine.

Throw away the orange box , they aren't made for over 5500rpm and go bad frequently when you rev them higher.

Buy a good mopar chrome ignition box , I'd upgrade to a performance coil myself .

Jegs or summit can have you one in a few days

rustyratrod, car is just a street cruiser no racing or beating on it. just want a coil that's going to stand up and not bum out quick. I mean I was lucky I was on a residential street, instead of on a highway with a tractor trailer on my rear end. I mean this thing just shut off.

Are you gonna run a ballast resistor or not?

images

-
Back