Best fittting headers for 69 340 GTS ?

-

1969GTS340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, Looking for feedback on the best fitting header for a 69 Dart GTS, 340 AT, PS, No PB. Performance is certainly a consideration but I'd like to hear from those with installation experience on the best form/fit in addition to function. This is a street/strip build.

Thank! :happy1:

Like clockwork,, same question,, new week.. lol

I suggest a "search" in the exhaust section, that question is asked and answered a gazzillion times..

hope it helps

how many more times is THIS going to be asked????? TTI, Dougs or if you have the funds and are looking for the very best.....http://perfweldheaders.com/

Patiently waiting for the bitching about Mark's price....but for those folks where every last bit of power matters....

Like clockwork,, same question,, new week.. lol

I suggest a "search" in the exhaust section, that question is asked and answered a gazzillion times..

hope it helps

Sorry about that. I did do a little searching but was limited on time at work. Nothing
surfaced so now this question has now been asked a Gazzillion + 1 times. :eek:ops:

Which buy the way I searched out how many zeros were in a Gazzillion so that I was clear on just how painful this question really is. Unfortunately it wasn't listed but I did learn that a Centillion has 303 zeros and I'm going to bet this question will hit that number some time soon. #-o

TTI fit nice !!
I'm sorry but the people who post the
Not again posts can stay on the couch !!
People come here for advice who cares if it is the 10 millionth time asked !

Hope your headers go on smooth !!

Thanks guys. I'll look into your suggestions. I appreciate the leads and sorry again about causing any heads to explode.

TTI fit nice !!
I'm sorry but the people who post the
Not again posts can stay on the couch !!
People come here for advice who cares if it is the 10 millionth time asked !

Hope your headers go on smooth !!
+ 1 million , that's what the site is for , if not shut it down and let people search google . Question bores you , DON'T RESPOND .

DOUGS or TTI fit well

Sorry about that. I did do a little searching but was limited on time at work. Nothing
surfaced so now this question has now been asked a Gazzillion + 1 times. :eek:ops:

Which buy the way I searched out how many zeros were in a Gazzillion so that I was clear on just how painful this question really is. Unfortunately it wasn't listed but I did learn that a Centillion has 303 zeros and I'm going to bet this question will hit that number some time soon. #-o

I apologize to you as well, and appreciate you took the time to look up a gazillion,..lol

It seemed so inadequate just to say TTI or Dougs,, when there's so much more about what mods need to be done to clutch, and floor shift mechanisms, even though they are the best fit..

Pls forgive me,, I was only on my first coffee,, cheers

I had Dougs on my 65 Valiant with a 360 with power steerin and the fit was fantastic. The only way installation could have been easier is if they installed themselves. Yeah, you have to remove a number of things, but as long as you follow the deestruckshuns and take your time, there's nuffin to it.

Had hooker super comps and they SUCK big time

Then went with TTI polished ceramic coated and they fit so much better than the hookers

But they have a slip tube that I don't care much for to go around the left torsion bar

Have no clue about Doug's

Wish I had a set of good 68-69 340 exhaust manifolds. I know they fit well

As you may know,, both headers require the mini starter,, you mention automatic,, if it's a console shift, I've found it nec to do this mod to the lower shift support..

Applications with an Auto Transmission & Floor Shifter will require the adjustable swivel and the lower rod attached to the torque shaft lever to be re-positioned to clear the header collector [ame="http://ttiexhaust.com/PDF/FN23-SHT3703-TorqueShaftLever.pdf"].[/ame]

[ame]http://ttiexhaust.com/PDF/FN23-SHT3703-TorqueShaftLever.pdf[/ame]

If you'd had a clutch,, there is a moded z-bar that's covered here..

http://ttiexhaust.com/PDF/FN55-SHT340ZB.pdfut

there was a great thread not long ago about moding it yourself by moving the bell side lever over..

hope it helps..

About using the mini starter, I just used a starter from a 90s dakota dont know how long it will last compared to a higher end mini starter, but I got it for cheap, but I can easily install it with the headers in.

I remember installing some cheepie headers in a car and they definitely required some "persuasion" and then I installed my dougs, couldnt believe the difference, well worth it in my opinion.

Ok so if TTI's or Doug's work great with 340 P/S a-body setups, what if you have Eddy RPM heads? I've heard due to the spark plug angle change, this might pose a problem?

I've also got a lead on some lightly used Hedman tight tube headers for cheaper. I've read old posts where some liked those (except for connecting pipe to the collectors) but same questions on Eddy heads for these?

Ok so if TTI's or Doug's work great with 340 P/S a-body setups, what if you have Eddy RPM heads? I've heard due to the spark plug angle change, this might pose a problem?

Nope. Plug access is not a problem.

dougs are cheaper but i had to change the steering coupler for clearance. they fit nice and don't hang low

I don't like the way Headers fit on a-bodies. Use the hi po exhaust manifolds with some mandrel bent 2 1/2 pipes from tti. Much better -fewer problems

I don't like the way Headers fit on a-bodies. Use the hi po exhaust manifolds with some mandrel bent 2 1/2 pipes from tti. Much better -fewer problems

Much better? Hardly in my case.

My car wouldn't hardly pull to 5500 with 68-70 Hipo manifolds. Easily goes 6500 with a set of tti headers and no other changes.

The hang low headers fit for crap and burn plug wires 5&7 if you aren't really careful.

-
Back