best leaf springs for smooth ride

-

swifter

Reaction score
Looking to replace the ss springs on my duster, all street driven car really looking for the best leaf springs for ride quality not launch but a spring that will soak up the major bumps in the road, as I have gotten older the ss springs did serve a purpose but now im looking for a smoother ride quality.i have been told the xhd mopar springs but just seeing the
xhd makes me think it will ride hard and not soak up the Wisconsin big *** pot holes we have around here. Hope to find someone with real world experience in this change out -thanks Steve

the espo springs are nice in my opinion. i'd use the xhd ones they sell. ride will be dictated more on the shocks you use. blistens are what everyone says have a great ride and performance.

Thanks joe I've got QA1 double adjustable on all four corners sorry should have posted that -steve

I'm going from SS rear springs back to 6 leaf, 4 speed, Formula S springs on our 67 Barracuda. More for handling. Probably close to what abodyjoe was suggesting. Maybe call ESPO and get their recommendation. Auto cars had springs with a softer rate?

i have the mopar performance 4 leaf oval track springs but the car is not finished yet.
..anybody have experience with these units?

Just buy another drivers side 2800lb. SS spring and swap it for the passenger side. The front lower leaf on the new spring can also be turned around by loosening the center bolt for bias. The drivers side SS spring is flatter so the axle will be centered also. The standard SS pass. side set up has less space to the front of the well, then the drivers.

I have Afco springs on my Duster. They have a full range of arch's and spring rates. I'm using 20231M's, which have a 121 lb/in rate. Stock V8 leaf springs were in the 110 lb/in range, so they don't ride stiff at all. I have Hotchkis Fox shocks paired up with them though. The Afco's do have a reinforced front section for better wrap control, but its not as aggressive as the SS's and they are the same side to side.

The only thing about them is that they have 1" rear eyes, so you need to use a bushing like Energy Suspensions 2-2117G, which goes from 1" down to the 1/2" A body shackle.

106-20231.gif

-
Back