Best method for grease and grime under car?

-

Ryansrt

Reaction score
IMG_5529.JPG
Hey guys I'm tearing out the front suspension this week off of my 72 dart, scraping grease and grime and replacing bushing and painting everything under there. What are the methods you guys use to get all this gunk away besides tons of brake cleaner and scraping?

IMG_5528.JPG

For small parts you can invest in a parts washer. If you have a machine shop near by, you can see if they would hot tank your parts for a small fee. I had my K-member and lower control arms hot tanked. They came out very clean.

As for the body itself, a heated pressure washer will do the job easily. A unit that gets the water very hot isn't cheap. See if you can rent one for the day. A heated pressure washer can even remove undercoating. Some even prefer this method of undercoating removal over media blasting.

I used my pressure washer with the supply hose connected to the utility sink Hot Water to clean the grease and caked on dirt from suspension, rear end and K member. It helps to have a tank-less gas water heater. Never run out of hot water.

-
Back