Best new dash pad?

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
My dash pad is in ugly shape. I want to replace it and am not afraid to spend the money on a new pad rather than an overlay. I found a place that has a complete oe reman dash pad for $275. Is this a good price? Does anyone have any suggestions or have anyone they have used and might recommend? I attached a pic of my dash ... hope it's clear enough.

Attachments

• Dash resized.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 374
Thats a decent price. You might try BE/A restorations talk with Mike. What ever you do, do your home work and make sure the pad is year correct not generic. Sometimes it pays to go the extra $

Welcome aboard, I think you'll like it here!

I bought a new (repop) pad from PG Classics. It has a metal backing and fit perfectly.
That said, PG gets a lot of bad press here. I can't speak to the other parts they carry, only that this was an excellent piece for my application. From previous experience with dash pads, do not buy one that doesn't have a metal backing.
C

Thanks clhyer for the connection to PG Classics. I have a second complete dash that I am redoing to replace the one in the car. It needs a dash pad, gonna give PG a shot. I think the price is not too bad either.

Mine is from PG classics shipping sucked @$$ but in the end the pad was the best I have seen yet heres some before and after pics

Attachments

• 100_0718 (2) (Copy).JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 292
  • 100_0725 (Copy).JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 280
  • 100_0728 (Copy).JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 292
I wasn't prepared to pay shipping from PG classics to hawaii so I got one from Mike at BE&A. its a nice peice but not a dead nuts fit, probably because I've got a stepchild '67 which was a one year only car on so many levels. I'm pretty happy with it, its worth the money.

Attachments

• 008_1.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 266
I was on Ebay last night and there is a company Superior Dashpads that sell a steel core pad that is stripped to the frame and redone unlike Just Dashes that from the videos I've watched just level them out and recover. They sell for $295.00 and include free shipping. They also sell E body dash pads.

-
Back