best offset shackle kit?

-
I think you. An do a better price for the more comets
Mancini kit.

Dr Diffs kit is far better quality. Does he have them in stock? He didn't when I did mine. I ended up making my own. No need for a fancy kit. Just drill new holes and move the brackets over.

ok thanks for the comments. dr diff it is.. or maybe mopowers idea? hmm

I bought mine from Richard Ehrenberg (spelling?) and his was a great price and good quality. You can find his store on EPAY. Great to deal with!

The mopar kit moves the spring inward 3/4" per side whereas the doctor diff kit moves it 1/2". Something to think about...

They both move the spring the same amount. Butting the front hanger against the frame is as far as you can go without cutting the frame rail. They just advertize the kits differently. 3/4" is an optimistic number that MP gives with their kit. I had a long discussion with Dr Diff about this a while back. He's actually the one that talked me into moving them over myself without a kit. BTW, one of the 2 rear shackle mount holes can be reused. Just need to drill a new hole for the other one. No need for an offset shackle.

They both move the spring the same amount. Butting the front hanger against the frame is as far as you can go without cutting the frame rail. They just advertize the kits differently. 3/4" is an optimistic number that MP gives with their kit. I had a long discussion with Dr Diff about this a while back. He's actually the one that talked me into moving them over myself without a kit. BTW, one of the 2 rear shackle mount holes can be reused. Just need to drill a new hole for the other one. No need for an offset shackle.

i like that idea. thanks for sharing. ad you also answered my other question about 1/2" or 3/4" i didnt measure the gap i have from hanger to frame and there is 3/4" . i do like doctor diffs more but would i miss out on 1/4"?

is there any draw backs to drilling new holes? any advise you could give a newbie about your experience doing that? looking at mine it looks like the rear would be easy to redrill but the front would be a bit hard with the torque boxes

-
Back