Best (or damn near the best) Hood Pin Kit

-

thesnafu72

Reaction score
Hello all. I am looking to buy a hood pin kit for my 72 Dart and wanted to hear from you what you thought about various hood pin kits. My requirements for a kit are:

1. Classic look (no pentastar shaped scuff plates)
2. Quality construction (well made overall)
3. Lasts for years (keeps looking/performing good year after year)

I have never owned a set before so I would like to hear from those of you who have. Thank you and I greatly appreciate all of your input! This forum kicks *** and I have gained a great deal of knowledge in just about every thread I have read.

I would only use a correct factory replacement kit, like that available from yearone or classic industries, and several other mopar parts places. I would stay away from the mr.Gasket type junk. They are not the raised style plates, and don't look correct and are not made from stainless, and rust quickly. just my opinion......

If you want long lasting,Moroso does a classic satin look aluminum set.Not cheap,but no rust.Check em out.

Any of the original look ones that I have seen from places like year one look good but rust quickly. Find a alum or stainless set

Ok, thanks! Do you guys use the lanyards and if so, what length is appropriate for A-Bodies? I want to keep the look as clean as possible, and sometimes I feel they look out of place. What do y'all think??

I think you are putting way to much thought process into a set of hood pins....

Got mine from a guy on eBay. Probably half the price of a set from yearone, and factory correct.
If I remember right the lanyards (cables) are 23" for A-bodies. Blue tape your paint when drilling. This will avoid the paint chipping.
Get a step drill bit to drill the holes.
Take your time,study, and get the correct mopar style for your car. Mr.Gasket,universal ect ect look like crap. Do it right.
Good luck

Amazon.com has the best deal on this set. They are 9.85 a pair vs 10.95 and up on other sites. I'm not trying to 'jack your thread, but everyone here on FABO needs to Google their part numbers to see who has the best deal.

Amazon.com has the best deal on this set. They are 9.85 a pair vs 10.95 and up on other sites. I'm not trying to 'jack your thread, but everyone here on FABO needs to Google their part numbers to see who has the best deal.

Which set are you referring to? Several were mentioned in this thread. Can you give a link, or the part # you're referring to? Thanks.

I believe he is referring to the Moroso. It looks like it has all the parts to get the job done, but doesn't look like it comes with rubber gaskets or lanyards.

I believe he is referring to the Moroso. It looks like it has all the parts to get the job done, but doesn't look like it comes with rubber gaskets or lanyards.

Yep, that's it, thanks. Doesn't look at all like original though. I think I'd personally rather pay more for a nicer one, though I'm sure that'd be functional.

This is a better link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190628958612

I posted earlier while on my phone, so PC users have to squint to see it!

$25 shipped factory correct with a 100% guarantee seems pretty solid

Yes, you have found the correct hood pins for your car. Nice work.
The difference between these and the cheap pep boys models is the bezels.
Notice they are not flat like a washer,which are the way the cheap universal versions(Mr.Gasket,Moroso,Summit,Jegs,ect)are.

Let us know when your ready to install them. There is a process to it.

Just bought a set. Can't wait to install! Will be letting you know when they arrive, as I do not fully know how to go about doing it. I know there are factory drilled holes for the studs, but that's about it.

Ok. The kit arrived in the mail. I am ready to install. What do I need to know? Should I start a new thread or just keep this one going??

Best,

Sebastian

Not to bring you down but I bought this set last year and the problem is that the clevis's will chip and rust so the key is to find stainless clevis's if you do pm me -Steve

-
Back