Best place to buy a front end rebuild kit

-

carcrazyguy

Reaction score
I am looking for the best place to buy a complete front end rebuild kit for my 71 Dart Swinger. I am going to take a LBP disc set-up off of a 73 Dart Swinger so I will need some parts for the 71 and some for the 73, right? Is there a company that will know what all I need and sell it in a kit form?

THANKS

P.S. Should I get a standard kit or the polyurethane/polygraphite type?

Contact PST, they hooked me up with the correct parts to do my Dart, and I was using my charger front brakes with the 73 and up upper control arms.
They were very helpful. They just had to tweak the kit a little.

I got mine from Performance Suspension Components. Its a little more complete then the PST kit.

It somes with bolth inner and outer tie rods and an idler arm.

The PST kit only comes with inners I think and no idler.

I got mine from firmfeel.com, all they do is mopar over there. Dick Ross was very helpful in any questions i had, got the idea of the kind of driving I do, and made recommendations accordingly.

firmfeel is around $375 for Moog. Those would not be poly bushings, right??

Aren't poly bushing suppost to be better???

Okay so are poly bushing the way to go? Or should I go back with the basic kit (something similar to the PST $249 kit).

I bought the poly kit myself. However If I were to do it again I'd only run the poly bushings in the upper control arms.

The poly bushings caused more problems then they were worth.

So maybe my best bet is to call and ask for a complete kit with poly upper control arms and standard bushings for everywhere else? This car will be driven probably about 5-7k miles a year(maybe a little more).

Yes call them and ask for the rubber bushing kit and a set of poly uppers.

They last longer and poly graphite is self lubricating so you dont have to worry about greasing them.

Plus they were the only bushings that I felt fit right.

I agree with Adam on the upper polygraphite bushings only. The stock lower bushing is only about an 1/8" thick to begin with so the advantage is slight. Besides they don't assemble right; they look like they'll " pop out..." The poly uppers & strut rod bushing will transform your car into something that actually has a nice road feel. Also spring for the Moog kit; quality parts = less headaches. :wink:

I also installed a set of poly rear spring bushings along with new S/S springs and .920 T-bars. Add a set of gas shocks and you'll be AMAZED at the difference!:thumrigh:

-
Back