Best place to get motor mounts for the slant

-
I would say get them local in case there are any problems (unless there is a substantial price difference on-line). Napa is a very good local source.

6-12 months ago nobody had the passenger side in stock except for Classic Industries for more $. This indicates to me that they come from one supplier and when they were out, they were out. [Including NAPA] Rockauto sent me an email later that said they were back in stock but I had already bought the Classic part.

6-12 months ago nobody had the passenger side in stock except for Classic Industries for more $. This indicates to me that they come from one supplier and when they were out, they were out. [Including NAPA] Rockauto sent me an email later that said they were back in stock but I had already bought the Classic part.

This is probably correct re: the supplier. If that is the case, all of brick & mortar retailers will soon (if not already) have them back in stock.

Oreilly.
They sell Anchor brand mounts. They are "mother" brand for for all the others. Anchor mounts get re-branded all the time.

Beware that anything inexpensive is likely made in China or India and is of poor quality and short longevity. Finding a NOS mount would be the best.

Yeah, the passenger side is almost unobtanium in the new old stock world. The right side, I found NOS with some patience. Probably have to live with the cheapies.

typical Mopar lack of thought too. Different every few years.

Beware that anything inexpensive is likely made in China or India and is of poor quality and short longevity. Finding a NOS mount would be the best.

I fully understand the quality issue but my passenger side was completely oil soaked and had been for decades. (Car was in storage since 82) My goal was to get the vert on the road before winter and made it.
When the leaning tower of power leaks oil, guess what sure of the engine gets rust-proofed? In fact the whole passenger side of the car bottom was nicely preserved.
I re-used the driver side and so far it's holding up. The passenger side is under compression and the driver side is under tension and more likely to fail. I've used Anchor brand a few times without issues.

-
Back