Best place to look for gas tank and parts

-

Popdart

Reaction score
:coffee2:I just pulled my tank yesterday, it was pretty banged up. Didn't leak, but I think a PO did some 4 wheelin at some point :wack:. I bought the car not knowing the condition of the fuel system, but the car would start and run. When I pulled the tank, I expected quite a mess knowing the car had sat for a while. To my suprise, there was about a gallon of gas in the tank and it was clean and in pretty good shape!! :thumbup: Well whatever, I'm trying to replace what is needed. Where, at the best prices, can I look for a fuel tank (no Chinese junk), sending unit and seal (do you need a wrench?), mat, grommet, top seal, body / gas cap gasket?

Thanks Rog

I see Quanta advertized all the time in the MCG, for gas tanks. 800-235-8788 or gastanks.com. As for the sending units, they are available just about everywhere. I've seen them on ebay, both in stainless and OEM for right around $50.00 and they come with the gasket. The lock ring you can reuse, and the the tank pad you may have to reuse also, or make a new one. Good luck with your search!! Geof

I heard that Vans auto has good stuff, and their prices are good.
A friend of mine bought one recently for a b-body, and if the a-body one is as good, that's what i would buy.

I see Quanta advertized all the time in the MCG, for gas tanks. 800-235-8788 or gastanks.com. As for the sending units, they are available just about everywhere. I've seen them on ebay, both in stainless and OEM for right around $50.00 and they come with the gasket. The lock ring you can reuse, and the the tank pad you may have to reuse also, or make a new one. Good luck with your search!! Geof
Thanks Geof . . . . got a question too . . . they list a 5/16" and a 3/8" . . . How do I identify what I have? My 73 Dart is an original 318 car, but where do check to verify the size line??

Thanks Rog

I heard that Vans auto has good stuff, and their prices are good.
A friend of mine bought one recently for a b-body, and if the a-body one is as good, that's what i would buy.
Thanks . . . I will check Van's . . . thanks a bunch, Rog

-
Back