Best rocker shafts??

-

metallidart

member me?
Reaction score
Where is the best place to buy rocker shafts for "995" Econo W2 heads? I am trying to read up on them, but you know how the internet is lol. These are the long valve version, and the rockers are the blue MP (well, there will be 4 RH intakes that are gold Cranes, from what I have been told the only difference is the color). I read that the hold down bolts may be a different size than factory? I don't have them in my hands, yet, so I cant tell. Also, what hold downs would I need? All I know as of now, is the stands are the oem type but thet would be machined offset for the longer valves. Not too sure where to go from there.

Mancini. Call them to make sure they get you the right ones.

Good idea! I remember a thread I read once about upgrading the prw rocker sets with hardened shafts and better adjusters, and someone mentioned a company that sells hardened shafts, supposed to be really good. I can't find it yet.

first thing is check the bolt size to holes the shafts to the heads...some of the econo are 3/8 thread and some are 5/16 like a stock LA head....

bascially you are looking for a on center shaft for the econo heads....means the bolts holes are in the center of the shaft unlike the race head...

I am going to pick them up either monday or tuesday, so I will have a better idea then. I wasnt real sure if the shafts were different offset since they are the long valve econos. Another thanks!

econo heads...long valve or standard valve use on center rocker shafts...

that is how they save money....aka econo..lol

Saves me money too! lol. If I have to drill the holes to 3/8, is there a certain way to do it? I seem to remember some shafts having a sort of bevel around the hole.

-
Back