Best sounding exhaust set-up for /6 225?

-

porksoda

Reaction score
Well I have a /6 225 and I plan on doing the exhaust once I finish doing the front brakes.
I am wondering what would sound the best on the car?
I am wondering what size pipes should I run from the manifold back.
Also what mufflers sound good on these engines?

I know not to expect much sound out of this car because it is a /6.
Mine is just super quite now. So I would like a little bit of sound out of it.

A friend of mine suggest me to do 2"or2.25" piping with a Flowmaster 40 muffler.

Any ideas?
Sound clips?

I had 2 1/2 "pipes with borla muffler on a 6 that sounded good , or as good as a 6 can sound

For some reason, sixes sound better with a straight through type muffler similar to a Magnaflow. I don't know what it is, but IMO they just to. That goes for both the inline and the V style. Put a Flowmaster on it if you want to, but it will get old after a while I believe.

slants sound like tractors with any style of glasspack lol...

slants sound better with a baffle style (flowmaster) but you get the drone... the new super 40's cancel alot of the drone out but with a 6 it can be really bad...

first vid is with a Dynomax "true flow X muffler", jus and x pipe with glass around it... this was dual 2.25's in and out to T/A style exit...

the other is how it is now, dual 2.5's into a single three, thru a super 44 axle dump...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pviXVh2Uaq0"]‪68 dodge Dart‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ABKFcGty38&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL"]‪Walk Around Day.MOV‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

True Duals with magnaflow or flowmaster *style* mufflers. Either 2 1/4 or 2 1/2

True Duals with magnaflow or flowmaster *style* mufflers. Either 2 1/4 or 2 1/2

dual 2.5's is to much for a stock slant... you will lose air velocity and lose performance... if going dual no bigger than 2.25...

Well I have a /6 225 and I plan on doing the exhaust once I finish doing the front brakes.
I am wondering what would sound the best on the car?
I am wondering what size pipes should I run from the manifold back.
Also what mufflers sound good on these engines?

I know not to expect much sound out of this car because it is a /6.
Mine is just super quite now. So I would like a little bit of sound out of it.

A friend of mine suggest me to do 2"or2.25" piping with a Flowmaster 40 muffler.

Any ideas?
Sound clips?

Depends on what you're looking for. "sound the best" means different things to different people. If "sounds the best" means "sounds like a V8", then you're outta luck. Slants sing their own kind of music. Some like it, some don't. I LOVE mine: Dutra Duals, 2" duals, Borla mufflers. But it sounds nothing like V8, and to some, that's the only sounds that matters.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LkyClWOZ68"]‪1974 sublime dart swinger‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

wait that might not be a slant..... :)

i am going to run a flowmaster on my /6 barracuda. i have always like flowmaster or thrush mufflers maybe run a cherry bomb

ok 64Lucy car used to be mine i had a glass pack on it i liked it better then the flow he put on it sorry bro i just dont like it .... but shes urs now and i will help u any time u want on her see ya soon bro

I using a cherry bomb turbo, it has a bit of a brit sports car sound.....

i built a single 2.5" system for my slant with a super turbo and a louvered glasspack for a resonator. no drone. it was louder than stock but had a good sound to it. with just the turbo muffle rit sounded a little too tuff for a mild slant. i was just running a recurved distributor with a super six setup and i opened up the exhaust manifold. it made a nice difference.

ok 64Lucy car used to be mine i had a glass pack on it i liked it better then the flow he put on it sorry bro i just dont like it .... but shes urs now and i will help u any time u want on her see ya soon bro

Same sound, lower tone, no resination.

Ive got a glasspack on mine. Yeah it doesnt sound like a tractor. Its got a low groan to it. You can hear inside the house. Its not annoying. It aint a v8 haha. But its nice. Bought 2" glasspack muffler. obviously wont fit. So i took the ends off the stock muffler and put them back on the pipe. then put the glasspack over those kinda like a spacer. I like it. But it does drone.

dual 2.5's is to much for a stock slant... you will lose air velocity and lose performance... if going dual no bigger than 2.25...

Too much for a STOCK /6 !! What if it's anything but STOCK ?? Like around 11:1 comp and .510 lift cam (give or take) ?? I was thinking about the Dyno Max Bullets !!

-
Back