best stroker cranks

-

MarzGraphixDesign

Reaction score
I'm looking to stroke out a 340 to a real monster 440 maybe more. My question is 2 parts how good are the Qlight scat cranks with the nitriding or Is there a better option. I was looking to keeping the reciprocating weight down for fast wind up.

I'm not familiar with the Qlight cranks but have used other SCAT products and they are always good stuff IMO. Here's a real good thread DJVCUDA did on his 426 build up using a BPE crank. They also make them in a longer stroke than he used so 440 inches is possible. It's a long read but worth it

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=142832

Oh yeah, welcome to the board!

I'm not familiar with the Qlight cranks either but I have been working with Rod at BPE and will soon be ordering up a kit to do my 340. Give 'em a call at 574-340-5470 and see if what they offer will meet your requirements. He'll put together whatever you need and is great to work with.

id be more worried about the factory block rather than the crank..

Short fill it, and forget about it.

I've put a 150 shot on top of a nasty stroker 318 Magnum for about 100 passes down the track now, and it's not coming apart at the seams.

It stays cool too in 90+ degree heat and stop/go traffic.

Thats cool I'm going with a siamese bore so no worries

So you are going with an after market MP siamese bore block?

"Best" is relative to what your intentions are. What are your HP/TQ and steetability goals? Then match the parts.

Buy a 440 and balance it. Way better street-ability, and way less work.

-
Back