Best suited Hurst / B&M Auto transmission

-

Joshes

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am still on the progress with switching from column shifter to floor shifter. I have been searching high and low for the A-Body console and non is economical.

Thus, I refer to one post on my previous topics maybe just get Hurst or B&M and done with it.

My question would be if anyone can suggest which one is best suited for floor shifter of my 71 A-Body Demon? Any particular type? I just want to have an easy to install and trouble free.

Perhaps someone in the forum had done this before and willing to share some info.

Thank you all!
Josh

i always like the hurst over the B&M shifters... the quarted stick is nice....

but i bought a cheatah for my dart and man it blows away any hurst or b & m i ever used or saw... it works so smooth and the cable is routed around the rear of the trans wich makes things alot easier. gets the cable away from the headders ...

its the only shifter i will buy from here on out...

http://www.turboaction.com/frame.html

I got a B & M quarter stick (or whatever they call it) in mine. I have to agree that routing the shift cable is indeed a pain in the A$#!!

Next time I might try the cheetah just because of the cable routing issue.

Bob

Hi Abodyjoe,

Can you tell me where I can get cheetah online - and what type - presummably fit to a 904 auto trans?

Thanks buddy!

Fits 1966-Up Torqueflite and Torque-Command 727,904,998 & 999. The Chrysler's unique feature is the rear entry of the cable to the transmission, no starter or header problems. The cable exits shifter towards engine. Enters transmission from the rear. All necessary hardware included and easy installation. Special Note: Park/ Neutral Start Switch fits transmission, not shifter. Gating designed specifically for the Torqueflite gear selection.

Part #70001B CHEETAH SCS SHIFTER with Black Gate Plate, Control Switch and Park/Neutral Start Switch (PRN321 / PRN123).

Part #70011 CHEETAH SCS SHIFTER with Black Gate Plate, Control Switch and Park/Neutral Start Switch. Designed for Reverse Pattern Only (PRN123) with dual shift air shifter capabilities.

Hi abodyjoe,

Thanks a lot for the advise. Now I know where to go. Just about to get a bunch of stuff from Summit as well. Good timing! Thanks a lot!
Josh

-
Back