Best valve spring tester?

-

Demonic

Reaction score
What‘s your experience with valve spring testers? I see there’s a wide range from leaky $60. Amazon ones to $800.- pro bench models. I’m thinking about getting something useful, where I could note pressures at installed height and max lift. Any recommendations?

It depends on how high of a PSi you want to test. I have the following proform model that I use for testing seat psi. The built in mic wont let you compress the spring farther than 1.500". If I find anything out pf spec I tale them to the machine shop and use the romac.

What‘s your experience with valve spring testers? I see there’s a wide range from leaky $60. Amazon ones to $800.- pro bench models. I’m thinking about getting something useful, where I could note pressures at installed height and max lift. Any recommendations?
Find a used Rimac tester they come up on eBay and other places. Figure what your highest open pressure will be and get one in that range. You can always ask to use one at a machine shop, my shop let me use theirs till I found a good used one.

Don’t they make one to test the spring rate while it’s installed? I think I was told by my engine builder to check the spring rate on my 408 that has a solid roller… keep track of the rate when I first get it and as I drive it, check the rate and take note. As the springs get weaker, I must replace…. Does that make any sense? That is a thing, right?

Id like my boss to pony up for one that will test big boy solid roller springs.

Probably cheaper to ask your local machine shop, probably would take 30 minutes to do what you want. Hell id do it for free

-
Back