Best way to Vent

-

71Duster

Reaction score
My 71 Duster was a Canadian built car so from what I've seen and read it had a fuel tank vent similar to the Califorina cars. I had a hole in the trunk for the vapour tube but it's all long gone.

I have a 72 and up style tank with the single vent line currently plugged off. Obiously this causes issues so the repair for now was to make a small hole in the fuel cap behind the handle not the best solution but it allowed "SOME" venting.

I've had no luck finding a correct vented cap I saw a post about the one http://www.mckellarsmodifiedrides.com/index.html offers but they don't reply to e-mails as to if its vented.

My only other thought was to get a filler tube form one of the cars that had a vent on the tube of the tube and run a hose under the car from it.

Any suggestions?

this is what mine looks like.

does that help you any?

My '65 Dart has a ~1/8"D stub welded near the top of the filler tube. A rubber hose connects to a 1/8"D steel tube that loops up under the hinges, then exits thru the floor gasket shown in justcuz's photo (no hole, I recall just pushed thru the side. It shouldn't be hard to drill a hole and install your own using pipe fittings or welding. Just remove the fill tube first, which is easy, just don't let anything fall in the tank. You might want to get a new tank gasket first (~$15).

justcuz, where exactly does that vent to? It looks like it just vents into the cabin?
C

-
Back