Beware of Selling to this EBayer

-

justin69char

Reaction score
Back in January of this year I sold a restored date coded charger jack and base to an Ebayer Handle barra29 in Dover, NJ. The Following Friday after shipping the item USPS labeled in their tracking system, Notice Left. That Saturday I got an email from the buyer asking to check into the item because he never received a notice and there is no package here. I advised him to call Monday to follow up. The response I got from him was the post office was checking into it. So I called and spoke to the driver who stated to me I never leave a notice there, I deliver to his place all the time, he described the package fully and where he left it on the porch. The package was insured and you had to sign for it or pick it up if unavailable. Can you imagine, now the jack is gone, lol.

Most believe this is a slam dunk call the postmaster there and get a refund. By far not the case. Got my postmaster here, consumer affairs here, driver admitted fully, and the end result is to file a claim and wait. I filed the claim to speed up the process 30 days went by and it was initially denied because of the notice left in the system. The problem is when you file an initial claim they don't allow you to describe the situation. The next step is to file an appeal which is where you can describe your case. It is a way for the USPS to keep from paying claims because of the wait and frustration of the process. I always kept the buyer up to date on this process. Before the claim got denied the buyer was contacting me to check on the status and at that time I had no updates and told him he can check anytime with the tracking number he has. He also wanted to buy another jack from me once this is resolved for his car.

Then it was denied I sent him an email stating that and the reason and I filed an appeal. He never understood the why it was denied and why it takes so long. I advised him call the post office or ebay and confer to the whys that you question. I should have bought a jack locally instead of online. At this point I told him once the claim is resolved and I get the refund I will remit you what you paid! We kept going on and on and what he was trying to get me to do was to issue a refund immediately. However, in the beginning he understood that this was a process and had no problem waiting. I said to him I have driven to two post offices here, contacted several times the dover branch, spoke to consumer affairs, kept you posted bi weekly, ebay stands behind me because everything on my end was done correctly and not to issue a refund, what more do you want me to do? I said call the post office or ebay for further clarification. Guess what he does! Issues a claim through ebay for a refund. As soon as I got that email I called ebay and in five minutes they retracted his claim, no questions.

Then an hour after he was notified he sent me an email basically saying issue me a refund before I decide to leave feedback! Imagine that! Now at this point I have an eerie feeling of this situation. So I go on ebay type 69 dodge charger jack and guess what I see. My restored jack mechanism with a different colored base and included a lug nut wrench. In the image you can see the date code letter F for June which was the same as mine. However, in all is other items he lists that never get bids by the way the other ads with jacks have part numbers and date codes! Except for this ad so under a different handle I email him through ebay, what's the date? He responded but would not answer. I texted him from my phone so he knew which state it was calling him and he would never answer. I was trying to get him to pull the listing to display more guilt on his part which he did, lol. Believe me the appropriate authorities from federal to state have been notified.

You know it's nice of you to try and help the buyer out. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I thought once an item is sent out. It becomes the buyers property and they have to deal with damage or loss claims in shipping. Unless of course it was improperly packaged and we know that's always the initial response from a shipper. In your case sounds like it's lost, let the buyer deal with the problem you did your part.

Well this works two ways, my friend. FedEx claims to have delivered a photo tripod to my front porch, which was there a whole 20 minutes according to the email notification before it "grew legs" and waltzed right off my front porch. FedEX would not do a God Dammed thing.

The claimed they delivered it and that was "it."

Once in awhile I eff up and order something which is sent FedEx. They rarely knock, and if they do, never wait for an answer. They just dump it on the porch and run. I'm lucky I'm retired and home most of the time, otherwise I'd lose even more stuff. We don't live in what I'd call a "high crime" neighborhood, either.

Reading all that with no break or paragraph's hurt my head

And it was just his first post

You know it's nice of you to try and help the buyer out. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I thought once an item is sent out. It becomes the buyers property and they have to deal with damage or loss claims in shipping. Unless of course it was improperly packaged and we know that's always the initial response from a shipper. In your case sounds like it's lost, let the buyer deal with the problem you did your part.

You are correct but a claim of any type can be initiated by either party involved. Ebay suggested for me to handle the claim process and their reasoning was it would get resolved quicker that way. Basically, no good deed goes unpunished.

i do the same thing. get pissed when i get screwed by whatever. causes my memory of high school claases to get all screwed up and i forget paragraghs and punctuation ! LO
maybe the charger jack member here is like THE DUKE: " i don't wrong others, and i don't intend to BE wronged!" thats why Mo has right to carry law and the revolver sits by my bed fully loaded!????? LOL

Nope.

It's sellers responsibility to get the item to the buyer. If seller bought insurance, the policy is between seller and the shipper, not the buyer. The seller can subrogate rights to the claim to seller.

Seems like you have done excellent research and figured the scam the guy is running. I hope ebay is good enough to do the same, by compiling his various other handles, complaints. It seems what he has done, is mail fraud, that is a federal offense.

It will take much more time effort and $ to get him, government agencies have bigger fish to fry, like health care :) . Thank you for alerting us.

Nope.

It's sellers responsibility to get the item to the buyer. If seller bought insurance, the policy is between seller and the shipper, not the buyer. The seller can subrogate rights to the claim to seller.

I few years back I bought an item from Florida on ebay. Showed up boxed and in it's original plastic case but busted in about 10 pieces. Filed a claim and sent the packaged item back to FedEx for review, they of course said it was packaged badly and refused the claim. Then FedEx sent the item I paid for back to the seller. Never did get any money or the item back. Damn I'm getting pissed off thinking about it again.

I few years back I bought an item from Florida on ebay. Showed up boxed and in it's original plastic case but busted in about 10 pieces. Filed a claim and sent the packaged item back to FedEx for review, they of course said it was packaged badly and refused the claim. Then FedEx sent the item I paid for back to the seller. Never did get any money or the item back. Damn I'm getting pissed off thinking about it again.

That's on the seller to do unless you sent a call tag, then YOU are the one that contracted with the shipper. the seller screwed you which sucks...

Another reason to pay with credit card only. It's an additional protection layer.

That's pretty ballsy if it's your jack in a new ad for him.

i do the same thing. get pissed when i get screwed by whatever. causes my memory of high school claases to get all screwed up and i forget paragraghs and punctuation ! LO
maybe the charger jack member here is like THE DUKE: " i don't wrong others, and i don't intend to BE wronged!" thats why Mo has right to carry law and the revolver sits by my bed fully loaded!????? LOL

When you respond like you did above. Don't you think you might at least be able to spell correctly? What is with the "Duke" statement? Such an embarrassment to this forum, sir!

-
Back