Beware of your copy machine!

-

homecloned

Can't re Member
Reaction score
Somebody sent me this and thought I would share. Pretty disturbing.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pIFUOav2xE"]YouTube- Digital Photocopiers Loaded With Secrets[/ame]

Not only beware of YOUR copy machine, beware of lots of copy machines you don't even know about at your doctor's office, insurance company, employers, who knows where all the copiers are that have your information stored...scary indeed.

But does the world listen. Leasing company's always go for the cheapest deal on models they sell. Solution is to put security on all machines as standard issue. Price accordingly and if every manufacturer includes it it just becomes the new standard price for a copier.

i didn't know of this..pretty damn crazy! i agree with dartfastback...include a mandatory security that is standard on all copy machines...

Only be worried if it is not a XEROX machine. They have their security straight. the other cheaper guys kind of left security off the list of features!

http://www.xerox.com/information-security/enus.html
May 18, 2010 - Multi-function Printer (MFP) Security: What You Need to Know to Protect Your Data & Network
Customers are worried about the dangers of sensitive information being left behind on the disk drives of multifunction devices. Xerox has recognized this problem for over 10 years and has built effective security controls into our devices to address the issue. Office managers and IT support staff are learning they must play an active role in ensuring the security of data on their office equipment. This involves understanding how document technology being placed in the office interacts with a network as well as developing procedures to ensure information is protected where appropriate. The webinars and customer seminars will address topics such as: office Information that needs to be protected, relevant legislation, multi-function systems and data interaction, data encryption, data erase/overwrite, multi-function systems and independent certification, multi-function systems and good security practices, and safe disposal. Xerox is hosting a series of seminars in selected locations on these topics. Contact your local Xerox sales representatives for information on a seminar near you.

Us IT guys know to wipe devices with hard drives to remove any data, but most people have no idea. Even some computer guys miss stuff like that.

Most people think those machines make copies and thats it because thats all they ever used to. These machines have evolved like most others and can retain lots of data.

.....and yeah, please don't copy your junk. Nobody wants to see that! :pukeleft:

Us IT guys know to wipe devices with hard drives to remove any data, but most people have no idea. Even some computer guys miss stuff like that.

Most people think those machines make copies and thats it because thats all they ever used to. These machines have evolved like most others and can retain lots of data.

.....and yeah, please don't copy your junk. Nobody wants to see that! :pukeleft:

I can just picture some terrorist in a hole in the desert somewhere going through the hard drive.
"Butt, butt, butt, dusty muffin, butt, pentagon invasion plans, butt, butt, butt.....":bootysha:

The office IT guy hopes the drunk hotty at the christmas party doesn't know about HD record.

-
Back